Thread: New shorts fashion, but not for me thanks.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar

New shorts fashion, but not for me thanks.

I have noticed that it has become fashionable here in the United Kingdom and perhaps also in the US or elsewhere, for women to wear cropped/tailored/city shorts (not sure really what they are called) with their hose and heeled shoes. Personally I don't really like it but maybe I am biased, after all I am dying wear a skirt at the first available oppotunity. What do you girls think? Does anyone of you follow this fashion? Can someone enlighten me as to what this type of shorts are called?
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

I think what you are referring to are called 'gauchos' or 'capris.' Whatever they're called they're not for this girl.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Junior Member Stephanie Stevens's Avatar

City shorts

I've seen what you are referring to in sales flyers and even on television. I like the look, but it seems you need a nice slender figure to look best in them. Gauchos seem like a much more practical alternative. But the girls I've seen wearing these shorts do look really sexy!

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    I've seen the shorts you're referring to. They look very retro. The legs are loose fitting, usually with a cuff and they have a very tailored look. The fabrics are normally on the heavy side. (think tweed or wool) I don't care for 'em either.

I have 3 pairs of gauchos and like them, but they never really caught on as a style. Most GGs don't wear skirts around town, so you tend to stand out if you wear a skirt. I don't think you stand out as much if you wear gauchos (until they really go out of style). They aren't skirts, but then again, they aren't pants either.

Hugs, Lori

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    [These are what I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    ahhhh *those*....those are capris. The ones I was describing are actually *shorts*.

"back in the day"....capris were also called pedal pushers and/or clam diggers

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Capris....I love 'em. Very late 1950's retro, tight fitting and sexy. I have several pairs that I wear out en femme. Gauchos on the other hand I personally don't like at all, way too loose and baggy. I just can;t seem to make myself like them.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gauchos just look best when wearing tall boots, much better then with shoes or sandals. You actually get to see the styling of the boot that way, without wearing a dress. I was talking to a young SA at a Payless store a couple nights ago and she was wearing a pair of one of the new Payless boots with gauchos, it looked really good together. Of course, that was half the conversation, what to wear and not to wear with the new fall boot styles

Here's the boots.
    Last edited by uknowhoo; 11-09-2006 at 10:36 AM. Reason: consec

Capris are everyday wear for me enfemme or old drab

Gia.

I'd much rather wear a dress thank anything else but if I see a woman wearing heels and pantyhose with anything, gauchos, capris, skirt, dress or even jeans they're getting my attention.I just love seeing woman wearing pantyhose and heels!

Jacinda

I can wear capris and enjoy the moment....but I'd much rather wear shorts or a skirt!

I have a couple of pair of capries. I usually wear them with a T-Shirt as casul wear.

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    i could handle wearing them.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Aspiring Member
    Argh, did you have to post this. I want a pair of capris and gouchos so badly. ( the weather is currently nasty ) But in addition to the those there is also the dress slacks that are shorts, cuffed. Ever notice womens slacks are now starting to have a slight flare. Dang I need these things. I don't care what people think, they can screw off.

Sorry, I refuse to be second class citizen.

I love capris, although I'm really not built for them. But on the right girl, they look great.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I think what you are referring to are called 'gauchos' or 'capris.' Whatever they're called they're not for this girl.
    OOOOOOO!!! I love capri's and have a black pair and a denim pair. Think they are just too cute with heels and hose and dressy blouse. Billie Jean

Wasn't that an 80's thing to wear nylons under shorts?
    Even Goucho's...kinda neat seeing it but it's not for me either...
    I rather like my legs bare in the summertime, after I get some tan on them.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    some of the 80's styles are making a comeback (at least among teens), like leggings, remember those?
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa(TGirl) View Post
    some of the 80's styles are making a comeback (at least among teens), like leggings, remember those?
    I LOVED the 80's - Oh yeah!!! I loved a lot of the styles women wore too (Except the hose under shorts).
    I remember guys, and girls, would wear gym shorts OUTSIDE of the sweats - always seemed weird but it was different.

There was a lot of neat stuff in the 80's!!

Here's some cool top 40's from the 80's to go with it I've got a lot of these in mp3's because I love the 80's music, the hair bands, everything about the 80's! (Except my marriage).

http://pages.map.com/~freek/look.html
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Banned Read only
    A huge double YUK to those styles! The only 'shorts' I wear are akin to hot pants, very,very short and as thin or revealing as I can get them. Garter belts and black stockings or white set them off nicely. Love to wear that stuff to the Blue Moon where the girls are hot and some of the guys are 'friendly'. When I am older I may tone it down a little. I am only 69, lots of time left for that!

I like the look. I bought a couple of pairs of the Bermuda shorts over the summer, and have been meaning to pick up a pair of "winter" shorts. I think it's a pretty cool look with chunky patterned tights and boots.

From Banana Republic:
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Aspiring Member
    MY WORD that I LOVE that outfit LisaK. I could totally see myself in it. Such a shame I can't wear it out and be treated normal. Man it angers me that women can wear whatever they want with out a second look. I WANT I WANT I WANT. Both the outfit and the respect.