I live far away from my parents, but last week, my mom came to visit me for 5 days.

Before that, I had already sent her pictures of me crossdressing at an anime convention. Being that it was an anime convention where people dress up anyway, crossdressing isn't an extreme step, so I didn't necessarily out myself to her if she reacted badly. She said that I looked like a pretty girl though, and was impressed in the same way she'd be impressed at me doing something well.

So I did something bold/reckless: I met her at the airport en femme!

She thought it was funny, but freaky. Freaky, because she could tell at a glance that my wig was fake, and she thought my face looked like a man (to her, I passed in photographs but not in real life). She also told me to stop speaking in "that weird voice" (my femme voice, which I was using since we were in public, but I stopped once we were alone).

She allowed me to take some pictures of her with me (sorry I can't post them here---I'm stealth in some places), but she didn't want to go out to lunch with me dressed like that since my "hair looks awful" in her words.

I wonder if this implies she WOULD go out to lunch with me en femme, if I did a better job passing, or was she just using "hair looks awful" as an excuse...

So now, she knows I CD, and seems to be okay with it!

She doesn't know I'm TG though. She told me last night, while speaking in general (not about CD/TG issues per se): "Even if I don't agree with everything you do, I will support you. You'll always be my son." I cringed a bit at the "son" part, but she always calls me that so it's just her not being sensitive about using gender-inspecific pronouns.