Thread: Fear, denial,guilt and purging

Fear, denial,guilt and purging

Weekly, if not daily, these topics appear on this forum. These are subjects that spawn unhappiness. As children at a very young age, we learn to make things fit. Take for instance, the toy that teaches to put the square peg in the square hole, the round peg in the round hole, the triangle peg in the triangle whole and so on. As adults, we then believe that everyone should
    fit in the approiate hole just like the pegs and we pick the hole they should fit in. We do this, not only catigorizing individuals but also religions, races and
    genders. We nearly wiped out the American Indian, the jewish religion (still in progress) and put women to death because we believed them to be witches.
    Throughout human existance, there have alway been not so shinning examples of man's inhumanity to man. Most things we have little power to stop but when it comes to our own lives, we have all the power. The truth is that nobody precisely fits. Transvestism is a personification of how different
    everyone in this world really is. The fear, guilt, denial and desire to purge all come from believing somehow that geneticly we should fit but can't completely. But within our TG community, there so many differences, in fact, as many as there are people. I believe that instead of trying to fit, it is important to recognize that we are not all the same. Then we can begin to
    carve the shape that allows us to fit. This holds true for every human on this planet. Personal happiness comes as result of recognizing the shape we were ment to be and molding a likeness without impacting negitively upon others.
    Recognition involves a personal assessment of one's interests, talents, limitations and vision. Purging to fit never really fits unless you weren't ment
    to be a CD in the first place and denial, fear and guilt come from believing
    everyone fits. The world will alway be at odds until the hole is big enough
    to allow every human being to fit!
    Last edited by Penny; 09-26-2006 at 08:34 AM.
    "Lady Fingers"

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Penny, That was great! What more can I say about it. I am going to use that if you dont mind as a quote for an article I was going to right about fitting in to todays world.
    Drumming, My other hobby

I've always been of the mind to create my own hole to fit my peg into. That was a nice post.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

Thank You Penny

Thank you Penny, that was very well put.
    I do hope that many people read your post and think twice about their own judgements.

Thumbs up Bravo!

[SIZE="3"]An excellent post, Penny. One of the best I have read.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

great Thought about human progression to destroy human race.

Excellent post, Penny.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Thanks ladies for your comments. Unfortunately, this will get burried in the archives but rest ashured, the fear, denial, guilt and purging will continue.
    "Lady Fingers"

Nice post, Penny

Great to see post like this

S's best GG friend
    Lovely words - thanks. I've already copied and forward it to those still too timid to come here

Nice thoughts Penny...

.....I agree totally. Ericka Kay

beautifuly written

You have a very educated thoughtful way of expressing things. They should really have kids recite that rather than the pledge of aligence in the schools every morning.
    Last edited by scarlet; 09-27-2006 at 06:26 AM.

Banned Read only
    I think the first thing you find out when you get out is that not everyone like you is like you at all.