View Poll Results: How long until you need to dress again?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can crossdress!? ZOMFGLET'SGETITON 24/7!!

31 18.13%
  • 1 - 2 days

44 25.73%
  • 3 - 5 days

37 21.64%
  • 6 - 10 days

21 12.28%
  • Pretty rarely, like once every couple of weeks

38 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long can you go?

Quote Originally Posted by eleyna
    ... the first part of what you described is what I'm struggling to achieve.
    Well I think it is predominately a question of the perspective but not really a difference in action.

If you stand in front of your wardrobe and choose clothes for drab, you might ask: Does this shirt fit to this pants ? Is it approriate for the occasion ? Where is my favorite pullover ? White tennis socks with sandals or better black socks with loafers (the latter I would suggest )?

Doing so It is not very likely that you tell yourself: Oh, I am a man, I am a man, I dress drab, I feel so masculine, etc. !!! constantly.

It's a bit different usually choosing fem-clothes. Mind is full of "I am a CD, I feel so fem, am I a weird, finally I am able to dress, is this right, I am so excited etc."

Skipping this thoughts (not easy, but practice will do) and focusing on the actual choice of clothes (appropriate for time, age, occasion, mood, people to meet etc.) like any non-CDing GM or GG does is "normalization". It's even more easy to skip the skirt for going out (not approriate) as it should be for white socks and sandals.

Indeed you think about women's labeled clothes whole the time and will enjoy your favorite ones or your favorite combination, but if you don't confuse this with thinking about CDing you are there.
    Last edited by Marla S; 09-07-2006 at 06:42 AM.

Oh... I could never suck an opal fruit
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Oh... I could never suck an opal fruit
    You don't have to.

I generally go between a week and 2 weeks at a time. Sometimes its longer. This last spell was over 3 weeks. And I was getting pretty antsy. But, given the chance, I would probably dress at least once a week or more if I could. I do wear panties 24/7 and I spend a lot of free time here and chatting with my girlfriends. That helps keep the urge for full dress at bay. At least I can think femme, even when I can't look femme.

Michelle-H

i am very lucky because my wife fully accepts my cding and i have worn long silky & satin nightdresses in bed with her every night for many years now and i fully dress up once a week for an evening. easier now as our children have left home but they don't know.i would find it very difficult not to wear a nightdress in bed now and certainly could not go more than a week to dress up fully usually in a long evening dress or a wedding dress.x:
    OFF TO GET MY NIGHTDRESS ON

For me I think of it as I have to be in the mood
    If I feel like dressing some times I'll do it every day
    But If I'm not in the mood it maybe months without dressing
    It not that I say "If I don't dress every two or three day I go nuts"
    I just have to feel like it
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I'm pretty much the same as barb there.

And white socks & Sandals? Ew.

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar

Every 3 days or so.

I usually only like to dress when I'm able to keep myself completely smooth. So I usually shave head to toe, dress for a couple of days and then let the hair grow for a couple or three days and then shave again. Seems to work well enough for me at the moment. Now if I could ever afford enough electolysis I may increase how often I dress.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

I wear only femme underwear and pantyhose, so I've always got some femme gear on. I generally wear femme outerwear ( skirts, etc) around the house fulltime. So I guess my answer is - all the time.

I tend to wait until the evening hours, if I feel like it I'll slip into some shorts and a tank top but with teh colder weather coming on I slip into something comfy - all feminine of course.

I dressed the other night full tilt just to see what the new wig looked like though and it felt good, too much company with all the neighbors tho so I'm laying low....

I always wear femme stuff inside after work if no company is expected, but again just shorts and a t-strap type of shirt or tank top.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I didn't see an answer that suited (no pun intended) me. I can go weeks to months. I am enjoying the fact that I can go 24/7 four days a week currently as I'm semi-retired and the wife is on contract out of town, which very much keeps the peace as my dress-up time is not something she's a big fan of.

Society would discover a great deal about itself if it allowed those of us that make it up to dress as we pleased. In my case, I find a fairly short dress a much more comfortable clothing option and cute cotton underwear fits my childlike personality. I'll paraphrase from the Gospel of Thomas: What you bring forth will save you, what you don't will destroy you.
    To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to. Kahlil Gibran

Aspiring Member

I would!

Dress all of the time if and when it were permited no distraction and or inturruptions like it is still now it is very difficult to really relax and be dressed the way i would perfer where i am now living.

Oh well.

If and when i ever could get away from here i very probaly would transition!

Jay Suzy!

30 minutes for showering? Pretty things underneath from there everyday.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Pretty rarely, like once every couple of weeks

Since I do not have an accepting wife I very rarely get to dress up. It has been months and it really works on me not getting to dress. She left with the kids this morning and is out of town until Wednesday. I do not have to go in to work until Thursday night, so here I am all dressed up and no where to go.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I can't stand boy clothes anymore. If I go out in boy clothes for even an hour or so I have to come home and dress in girl clothes. I just hate being a boy anymore.

2-3 months top

I went all summer without. My son was out with me. I thought maybe this purge was the final one. I went all boy, dated several women - all too cookie cutter for my taste. Yep, this was it, I had pushed the deamon back into it's pit... and then one day while doing laundry I dropped a sock behind the dryer and while fishing it out, fished out a pair of the ex's cotton victoria secret striped bikinis. I was all alone and just had to stop right there and swap my underwear for those.

I'm glad that this time instead of destroying all the evidence at the start of the purge I instead rented a storage locker and stuffed it all in there. The $120 I spent on the locker for 3 months was far less than I would have spent rebuying everything.

brie

I usually wear something everyday. A camisole or bra, & kneehi's are preferred daily.
    Allie

Everyday

I can dress everyday. But most of the time it's at night. Haven't gone a full day in 4 years without something on. Even if is just cotton panties.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar

Not A Need, An Obsession!

I just went back to work after six consecutive days off, all spent en femme. Got home this morning, slept 4 hours, a brief shopping trip, got home, showered, and dressed again. I absolutely must dress en femme daily. What a luxury! Were it not an occupational necessity, I'd be en femme 24/7.

I tend to dress every few days, more if i can.

"Need" has connotations that are more severe than "want". I would "want" to dress 24/7, but if I can't dress for a week, I get really grouchy. I suppose I might survive months or years before committing suicide over being unable to dress as I please, but nobody would enjoy it.
    Hugs,

Bernice

Aspiring Member

Hmmm?

That kind of is a tough one to answere because a lot of us are not able to dress like we really would like to which would very probaly be a whole lot more of the time if it were possible to do so but we are in circumstances where we can not so. we do not but we still do desire ever so to do so we want to be ourselves as much as possible but it is not possible all of the time for a lot of us indeed!

Oh well.

I still know who wand what i really am inside at the very least so that must mean something right!

Anyway Maybe someday stuff will be different somehow and then I can and will dress when and how I do really do please do be and then ahng it all I surely will!

Until that time I do contend myself to be able to do it just as much as i can but you know how that is and can be.

Jay Suzy!

I dress every day and go out a night that way but never to work or durring the day.