Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I saw a Girl out and about....

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If I saw another CDer in public and I was en drab I wouldn't say or do anything. If I was en femme, and they were close enough to see me then I might hold eye contact and smile at them to let them now I was a cder too rather than letting them know that I read them......although in doing what I just said I would be letting them know I read them wouldn't I? Doh!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have to go with the 'be discreet' school of thought. Unless and until the other person approaches you and broaches the subject, that person is exactly what you see -- another person in the world who most likely wishes to remain anonymous and intact. I do think that if the CDer were in a different setting, such as a party or risque sort of club, chances are that person might not mind casual conversation about CDing. But if it were I enfemme in public [and I've only been to one party as Dominique where everyone knew me], the last thing I would want is for somebody to out me. But to be perfectly honest, it really depends on who and how. I realize that sound kind of mealy mouthed, but there are always exceptions and attenuating circumstances.
    My USD 0.02
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

Aspiring Member

Smile

It has always been said that discretion is the better part of valor.

While I would love to be able to chat with another CD or TS, I would not want to be outed if some one made me, so I will not do that to any one else.

If I were femme, and another t-girl who was femme, did want to chat with me, i would naturally be pleasant and courteous, but i surely would not try to out them any more than i want them to out me.

Denise

OMG I forgot when I was working a retail job years ago one came in and I took care of her purchases. After I rang up the sale we talked and she stared at me a little and thanked me for being kind. She then gave me a business card for an insurance co. in the area. Was I being too kind and accepting of her that I gave off the notion that I was a CD

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Secret Signal

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    I still think we need a secret handshake, pin or tattoo.
    Don't go Making me link to my 'Secret Signal' thread. I'm only just NOW getting over the lack of support it received from the other members

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Being that I just joined, I wish we did have a secret signal of some sort. A while back I was at a rock concert and there were four or five girls out together (and staying close). I was envious of their tenacity and as I was noticing how fantastic they looked I realized that they probably thought I was gawking. That would have been the perfect time to signal them.... If only there was such a signal.

P

Quote Originally Posted by Byllie View Post
    If you think you see someone who is crossdressing, and I'm talking about MTF, what do you do? Log the encounter away for refrence? Or do you approach the person and ask "that personal question"? And thinking about, have you ever been approached and asked if you were CD?
    wow what a question, would never approach another T girl that is intrusive, I would smile at them approvingly and let them know with a look that I do that as well, love the whole look and say nothing but mean everything type scenario.

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

Post Pretty Words

In my opinion if you feel moved to say somthing be subtle and sweet " you look very pretty today" somthing to that effect. The more positive response you give to someone the more likely you are to see more of that person. I would love to see more "girls" out and about, and I think the rest of the world needs too! Theres no need to call someone out on the subject, if you can tell your not looking at a GG the girl can probably tell and at which point you should initiate some positive conversation.
    Good Luck,
    R Star

Maybe if more of us were out, that we wouldnt be treated as a fringe group of perverts. I wish for a sign that we could use to signal one another to say, Hey WE ARE NOT ALONE! Power comes from strength in numbers.

Too many of us do seem too skittish, to be even photographed, much less seen out in public.

Gold Member
    Wow I have never seen one of us and I do mean us out and about so I don't really know what I would do but more than likely I would watch how other people react to her.

I would love to see someone out in a random public place. Then again I might run up to them and scare them away because it's so rare around here. Then again unless it was very obvious I doubt I would notice.

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Eye contact - pay attention - follow intuition - watch body language - be patient.

It should be like any other chance meeting with a total stranger.

(Except your smile might be ... warmer ... )

Exactly! I've told about our flamboyant CD here in this town before. I run into her quite often about town. She doesn't dress to pass. Her fetish is "can can" slips...layers and layer of them.

I make it a point to be friendly if I am in close quarters (such as the check out line) and unlike those who look away as if she's something to be shunned, I try to give her what I *think* would be a knowing smile.

This CD is legendary in this town, and I'd seen her years before I ever thought about a relationship with a crossdresser. Since moving back here, I've wanted to approach her, but will not, for fear of embarassing her.

Sorry, have to be sarcastic

Go up to a complete stranger (non-CD) and say "Hello I notice you're NOT a crossdresser, want to talk about it?"

Would you go up to a GG or 'normal' guy and just start talking? Nope, that sort of thing is kinda freaky.

Ideally CDs should be just treated as part of the scenery like everyone else you encounter while out and about - no staring no special treatment ... well, okay a appraising glance to convey the message "nice outfit" would be okay, surely every girl is going to appreciate that
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots