Thread: How do you select what to wear today?

How do you select what to wear today?

I am fortunate to have a fair sized wardrobe, but when deciding what to wear on a given day I uaually pick one item and build around it. Like today, I wanted to wear my red sweater so everything else was built around it. Sometims it's hair color or just a favorite pair of shoes. What is it that gets you to wear what you wear on any given day?

Brrrrrr

I usually have a pretty good idea of the look i'm after when getting dressed, especially if i had been out shopping for clothes earlier in the week (gotta try all the new stuff out). Today it's a turtle neck chenile sweater with strechy cords and panty hose as the temp is -30 C!!!! To cold for a skirt even in the house.

Lois.....

The weather is all-knowing. I've only 4 'cold' weather skirts - 2 overcast colors and 2 sunny days. If it's real cold, then it's cords or jeans. And, certainly, anything new gets tried out despite the weather (brr).

Mine's easy....brown or blue slacks, color cordinated dress shirt, brown or blue sports coat....tie that usually matches what ever lingerie I'm wearing under my male clothes....

As far as fem clothing, I plan days ahead based wher I'm going, the time of day, time of year....all neatly packaged in a travel tote for a quick gender change somewhere between where I'm starting and where I'm going for the day...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile Easy Also

Mine is easy also. Grey or blue slaks, poplin style shirt with tie. Never thought of matching bra and panties to the tie, but sounds like fun. Think I will give it a try. If I happen to be working from home, I select a dress that fits the season, spring, summer, fall or winter. I then match the lingerie and shoes to the dress. Yesterday it was a dark green lace dress. Not something you would wear to the office, but apporate for the season. Wore dark VS satin and lace lingerie with black stockings.

TTFN
    Cyndie

I usually just look in the closet and decide whether it will be a dress or blouse and skirt.

Karen Sue

Is it clean & does it fit?
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Guided by what event/activity that I will be involved in.....for work it is now weather there is a meeting or just slow office day. I meeting then go with skirt suit...for general off days simple skirt/blouse or slacks.......wide variety to choose from that I have narrowed to latching over the years...skirts with certian blouses/ shoes with certain dresses etc........a never ending small problem of "WHAT TO WEAR" that is fun when time to get creative and mix and match......

I always get my clothes out the night before and it usually depends on if I'm staying home or going out the next day. If I'm going shopping I'll usually choose jeans with a t-top or sweater and a medium heel shoe. If I'm staying home I'll usually wear a skirt and top with 4" or 5" heels. One thing for certain, I'll always be wearing heels. Day in and day out, this is the only shoe for me.
    Kisses, Linda

well for me i just look in my closet. and depending on how i feel. today is dark mysterious so black long sleeve top blk pants dark red nail polish. sort of a classy Gothic look
    hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't really plan what to wear until it is time to get dressed The weather also has a ;ot to what I wear .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Fancy Nancy

I pick something to wear change my mind once or twice,

and eventually go back to my first choice usually

Sound Familiar ???
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Is it clean & does it fit?
    I'm with you,Lisa. Simple and sweet. Ericka Kay

I have a few basic 'questions' I ask myself in no particular order.

What temperature am I dressing for? Hot and humid, cold and windy...

Am I going for dressy or casual?

do I have time for the full effect (stockings, heels, makeup, hair styling) or am I just throwing something on quickly.

Is there something in my closet I haven't worn in a long time?

Is today a 'fat' day? (I have some things I just can't wear unless I'm feeling particularly slim that day )

Finally, some days are just 'skirt' days, and some are 'dress' days.

I have a dozen dresses, and perhaps 20 skirts, but after going through the above questions while standing in front of the closet I can usually narrow the choice down to just 2-3 items.

On the same topic, I finally got to a point where I had to get rid of some items. It wasn't a purge in any sense, I just realized while going trhough my closet that there are some fashions I just don't wear anymore and some things that don't fit (Too BIG, not too small! ). I've never gotten rid of them before because I jealously guarded everything in my closet, but now I know that I have enough things that I WILL wear regularly that I won't miss a few items that were just taking up space.

Oh.. and my wife DID make the comment that I shouldn't see this as an opportunity to shop and fill the closet back up again
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein