Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When dressed do you carry a handbag?

I carry a handbag everday... it's got my whole life in it really
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G
    I have been going for chiropractic treatments, and I have to empty my pockets. You know, keys, wallet, sunglasses, pencil case, little notebook...
    I haven't worn a wallet in guy mode since High School, Chiropractor told me to stop that right away - it does VERY bad things to one's lumbars!!!

So ya, me too, car rying that crap sucks, coat pockets fill up........maybe I should find a less femm one to carry around normally.......
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Enfemme, I wouldn't know what to do without one. Just like most of you have said: where would I carry everything. I am currently using a large white knit purse with large straps so it may be slung over a shoulder - bought it at the Fashion Bug for the casual summer look.

The first few purses I purchased were "quick" buys, not wanting to stand in the purse section too long. But they proved poor selections. Now I spend more time making my selections and considering the bag's usefulness as well as its cuteness factor. My current summer bag has a single large pocket and while I usually prefer more pockets for organization, I love its light and airy summer-time feel, so I put up with the one pocket, and like many ladies have to fumble around inside it looking for something. LOL

In male mode, I now hate carrying things in my pockets, so I generally use a small backpack to carry my wallet, 3 keyrings, checkbook, eyeglass case, small organizer, makeup, pens and pad, perfume, cell phone and hairbrush. The backpack is generally a bit too big for all that, but I can't bring myself to using a man-purse, or heaven forbid a ladies purse.

Jenna

I carry an orginizer on me all the time. In reality, it is a womens walet. I found it at klohes one day. I was passing by the purse/walet section and one of these was open. I noticed that it had a calculator in it. I stopped, picked it up and started looking thru it. I told myself that this would make a great orginizer. Then another customer asked if I was buying it for my wife. I looked at her and say "No, it's for me, but I can not decide on the color". She looked at me for a moment, then to the walets, then said "Red suites you". So I bought the Red one. I also have a couple of purses. My favorite is a brown one with a long strap so I can put it on my shoulder and rest my right hand on the purse.
    Last edited by JoAnnDallas; 08-02-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Don't own one yet, and I'd quite like a feminine bag.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Yes, I do have to have a place to carry my make-up and keys when I am out in public.

UNPASSABLE

purse/handbag

i have carried apurse or shoulder bag for years due to diabetes and other problums pockets would'nt hold all the needles,meds.i need for 1 day out of the house.

I don't leave home without one when I'm dressed en femme. Afterall, where would I carry all those things we women need when out?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Always carry a handbag when dressed....keys, makeup, wallet....
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

As Karren said earlier, the bag is part of the outfit. I learned, while working in the stores, that the shoes and bag will make or break an outfit. I take great care in selecting the right bag for the outfit when I am out. GG's take note of the bag and shoes on other women. The bag need not match exactly, but should be the same color hue, or if wearing all black, the bag may be colorful to add color. The bag should also be the correct size and texture for the outfit. The dressier the outfit, the smaller the bag should be.

We hear a lot on this board on "passability". The purse a cd carries can go a long way for making or breaking passability. The wrong bag can ruin an otherwise great look.

Jodi

When I out dressed I have to carry a purse. There's not enough room in my bra for cash, ID, keys and makeup.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Smile carring a purse

Carring a purse is one thing I am still becoming comfortable with. The few times I have gone out dressed. The purse seems the last thing Ire,,ber if I do at all. It takes practice being a complete girl. But it is fun practicing.
    Hugs PD.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Don't leave home without it.

I've got a couple -- light brown, chocolate, two in black (one casual, one more dressy) and a formal clutch purse -- since I was starting with wardrobe builders, now I'm looking at getting a couple more that are more fun.

As Jodi said, there's a language to accessorizing. For purses it's not only color, size and texture, but also how "dressy" vs. "casual" and/or "formal" vs. "fun" the purse is, which should be appropriate to outfit.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Banned Read only
    Always a purse, period!

i never go out whit a handbag

Naturally. I have a couple because my wife is a purse fiend and has discarded some that suit me wonderfully (Adopted with her permission, I stress.)

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Smile beautiful large coach shoulder bag

when dressed a large bag is a must and can really add to your look. the problem is, nice bags are so expensive, so i try to use saddle brown with a make up bag and plenty of room for wallet, glasses, tissues, and ??
    also i feel comfortable walking with it on my shoulder
    of course i keep folding money and id, drivers license safely tucked in my girdle. thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by roberta; 08-04-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Banned Read only
    Of course, you would not want to ruin that skirt line with a wallet bulge would you? I carry one all the time, no matter what I'm wearing, I have too much to carry.

Carrying a purse is a necessity. How many GG's do you see that aren't carrying one? Its a way to blend in...

Hint, sometimes its wise to carry on big enough to hold a brick! you never know when you'll have to whack a mugger or redneck with it.

Hugs Misty

When going out dressed of couse I have a handbag on my shoulder. With all my lovely things in side. A girl got to have what a girl got to have
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Getting wet looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    I've got 4 or 5 handbags, i've got mine in nuetral colours, so they go with most outfits that i wear. I haven't got an evening bag for when i go out clubbing, but i don't do that very often.

I'm lost without my handbag, and love it to peices. Mines big enough for a small make-up bag, a can of body spray (useful as a deterant against muggers), an umbrella, and it's big enough for a purse (mines a lovely light turquoise), and when i was comuting on the train, i used to have my MP3 player and paperback to read.

Sometimes i use a smaller one, but i just love my green Kipling bag, it's gorgeous, so versatile and utterly practical.

Rebecca

Always!

You'd be amazed what a gurl can fit into such a small bag; I carry the usual girly things such as lippy and hair brush, but also a complete male outfit of jeans, t-shirt, socks and trainers, not to mention cotton wool buds and Baby Oil in case I have to remove my makeup and change back to male mode in an emergency.

I have several

As mentioned earlier, where else would you put your wallet, keys, camera, etc.
    I have a black bag for black outfits, a beige bag for brown and beige outfits, a white bag for white outfits, a blue bag for blue outfits, a pink bag for pink outfits, and a large silver bag that will go with black, white, or gray.
    I try to coordinate colors so that it looks good together.
    I have often been complimented on my color coordination.

Terri

My wife has so many and I've carried them all, my favorite is the coach shoulder bag, matching wallet and cigarette case, whenn I was single I carried a very fem looking fannie pack with the strap all the way out over my shoulder