Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When dressed do you carry a handbag?

When dressed do you carry a handbag?

When I go out I like to carry a little makeup and a few things in my purse, I just wonder how many of you carry a purse when dress?...I know most all of us carry a billfold when in male mode....and if you, do do you carry one to match your outfit?...I find my black one does the trick no matter what I wear...
    Dee Dee

As a closet crossdresser I don't have a purse
    Really can't see a need for one
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I have a little black one, and a matching wallet inside of it. I've carried the wallet before in guy mode, nobody notices the silver buckle on it.

When I take long drives I carry it too......

I plan on carrying it if/when I go out this fall or winter...
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Always!!! No outfit is complete with out a purse!!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Always!!

When i leave the house I ALWAYS carry a handbad,with make-up,cash,keys,and ID.

I recently bad a potentially awful experience,while waiting for a bus it drove past the stop and I had to run and catch it,little did I know that I had left my handbag back at the stop,with ALL the above in the bag.Luckily a young couple saw me leave the bag at the stop,and chased the bus by car for three blocks, and I got EVERYTHING back.I can't imagine how I would have survived if it wasn't for that wonderfully honest couple!!

Karren, you are a hoot! I think we'd get along great as "girlfriends". I'm an engineer, too. Are you in a ladies restroom somewhere in the picture?

Vikki

Have to have a handbag. I like the kind with shoulder straps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does it count to carry a 'purse' while in guy mode? A couple of months ago I got sick of having to carry everything I need in my pockets so I just got a nice shoulder bag from fossil that falls in the middle ground. Been using it ever since but now looking to get another color so I can have a bag that matches more to what I wear.

Got some raised eye-brows from friends, no comments at all at my church and its affectionally known as the 'man purse' at my work. Now everyone is used to it and its no big deal at all.

Aspiring Member
    Nope, but I'd like to though for a few reasons.

1: My pockets are always over loaded with crap.

2: I hate sitting on a wallet, nothing like sitting on a large lump.

I just wish I could find a handbag that doesn't look too much like a purse, as I'm always in guy mode and never try to pass.

they do now

Quote Originally Posted by noname

I just wish I could find a handbag that doesn't look too much like a purse, as I'm always in guy mode and never try to pass.
    Yes they do sell a mans bag...looks alot like a ladys purse but is called the mans bag...not sure of colors or if it has a rose on it but I am not kidding, comes with a long strap to be carried over the shoulder like a shoulder purse...
    Dee Dee

Where else do you carry your money, lipstick, tissues, keys and all the other stuff you want to carry. You sure aren't going to stuff it all in your pockets. LOL And try to match your purse to your outfit or your shoes...BJ

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Hand bags

Although I don't venture out dressed, I own a few Handbags. For me, it is ownership of the handbags that is symbolic of my Goals. They are Mine, brought by me for me. That thought is important to me

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Where exactly do you get these handbags.

Always

Way back in guysville, there were children (I'm the stay-at-home parent) which necessitated the diaper bag. This item went through all the normal changes - huge backpack to small 'purse-like' thing (strap over my left shoulder). I just got myself a proper ladies' purse, though; vintage blue leather with a huge 1960's zipper - it's boffo.

Quote Originally Posted by noname

The bag I bought was from Fossil. Its a square fabric bag on the smaller side with a shoulder strap. Its comfortly large enough for a wallet, keys, glass case, keys, cell phone and a couple of odds and ends. It sits in the middle ground and can be worn by either gender. In terms of price its very cheep for a Fossil item at $32. Model name is the Tribe Flap City. Hope that helps.

Purse excuse at chiropractor

I have been going for chiropractic treatments, and I have to empty my pockets. You know, keys, wallet, sunglasses, pencil case, little notebook...

I go in drab. One time, I put all that stuff in one of my purses so I didn't need to empty my pockets On the previous visit, I pretended that I left my keys behind..

Really just an excuse. It was a real rush to carry the purse...

I may do it for every visit...
    The Constitution was not perfect, but it was better than what we have now.

Smile

i really love my few handbags.even though i never go out it is such a pleasure to walk around home with one.having one on the coffee table or just near you helps complete the overall feeling of femininity

Silver Member

purse

So yes, I carry a handbag, or purse, when I go out. How can you carry all your stuff without it?

In guy mode, I carry a "bag". It's just a fabric bag with a printed design on the outside that I got at the Vancouver Aquarium. Black, no real top, medium length handles that go over my shoulder just right. I got a few coments at first at work, but everyone seems to have gotten used to it. My boss said, "Nice purse" I think to tease me, I just said, "Thank you". I use my "bag" to carry my bra and forms when I shop in drab. Then I can see if a top or dress will fit properly.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

You're right again Karren. No outfit is complete without one. I never go out without my purse, I just have to remember to change all the ID and cards coming and going.

Gwen

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee 1062
    When I go out I like to carry a little makeup and a few things in my purse, I just wonder how many of you carry a purse when dress?
    A soon as I started doing wig and makeup, I bought a purse. A large purse. Big enough to put my drab clothes in, together with the makeup I had a the time. [My makeup seems to be breeding, I don't think I could fit everything in there now!)

In guy mode, I regularily carry a reusable cloth bag, that I stuff all kinds of things in -- books, jacket, groceries, breast forms I used to use carry napsacks; for some reason I switched over to cloth bags. (Probably a napsack wore out.) People are accustomed to seeing me with it, and expect it of me now -- I'm the "I don't need a {plastic} bag, thanks" fellow. So if I'm going out and need to conceal my large purse for later use, I stuff the purse inside of one of the cloth bags; then when I deploy the purse, I stuff the cloth bag in the purse.

I did buy a much smaller handbag a couple of weeks ago; I use that for times I'm completely dressed and not carrying my drab clothes. I enjoy the purse and I enjoy the handbag (About $US15 at Payless.)

Aspiring Member
    Another they are good for, pen and paper. I can't count how many times someone wanted to give me a number or some other information and they ask if I have a pen and paper. ( Does it look like i have pen and paper standing here in jeans and t-shirt? ) In variably I'm looking around and asking the wife is she has pen and paper. Hmm..... gives me an idea.

Maybe I should go to church, with a tablet of paper, a pen, car keys, wallet, brush, mints, chapstick, need I go on.

The few times I've been out "dressed" I've carried one. Lately I've beeb complaing to the missus about having to "carry all kinds of stuff" keys, wallet, reading glasses, etc. and I've been saying things about getting a bag of some kind.
    Turns out that this weekend an unexpected shopping trip to Freeport Maine is going to happen (Thought I'd get a chance to dress, but wife wants to come along, so much for that idea) anyhow, I figure on checking out the Dooney and Burke store to see if they have anything I might like.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

It just wouldn't feel the same without a handbag over my shoulder, besides where else are you going to put your spare tights and makeup when you're wearing a skirt, a handbag is the only practical solution

Recently got a new one from Overstock.com in a palmtree theme tapestry fabric. Doesn't go with anything but it does go along with my growing household decorating theme. I guess it will come in handy someday but it was a gotta have. At the mall yesterday I saw several of those Man Bags on display- ugh! While I don't usually have much need in guy mode for a bag I do have an ex-Croatian military bag I've carried to flea markets (boot sales) and antique shows to carry goodies home in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by vbcdgrl
    Karren, you are a hoot! I think we'd get along great as "girlfriends". I'm an engineer, too. Are you in a ladies restroom somewhere in the picture?

Vikki
    Yeah...Ladies restroom on the WV turnpike!!!! And of coarse my purse has to be large enough for all my makeup, jewelry, blackberry, and camera with mini-tripod for all those action ladies room photos!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos