Question dealing with family members

Hi gurls,
    Well, I am glad I got my earrings, but I am
    afraid I may have forced my sister and I to deal with
    some things I didn't expect.....

Long story short....she has been getting a series of
    questions about me over a period of months from her
    children, who are my nieces, about me......long nails,
    pantyhose (with shorts), occasional hints of eye makeup (thought that was clean, sigh). So when I told her about the
    earrrings, she seemed concerned about it. She said I
    was making her family and my dad (who lives alone, not with them) "uncomfortable"...

She didn't seem surprised, since she knew when we were
    both kids that I had been a cross dresser. However, I
    guess it is getting harder and harder for her to
    excuse or laugh off my appearance....

I also cautiously admitted that "Halloween is not just
    once a year for me", but that I don't chase men. She
    seemed genuinely concerned about my safety, but I am not sure if she is supportive of my CDing.

I promised to quit using nail polish around them, and
    not wear pantyhose (I know, who needs them
    anyway?...LOL), but for now the earrings stay for at
    least a month.

What brought this up is that my two neices are having
    a mutual birthday party coming up in less than two
    weeks, so the earrings will still be 24/7 then. (the girls are 11 and 13 on their birthdays coming up.)

Any advice on how to approach her and/or the kids
    and/or the husband and/or my Dad?

I do not plan to talk to the kids about CDing, but if not, how far can I go to explain this so they will understand?

Hugs,
    Joanie B

Just tell them you like a lot of things women like, that there are over a million guys like you in the world, and you don't see why women should have all the fun, especially with earrings. Then mention several celebrities that have earrings, from sports figures to movie stars.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    Lots and lots of guys wear earings in the 21st Century, if that fails, tell 'em your a pirate, arrgh!

I agree, go with the pirate one *grins* especially with pirates in the theatre at the moment

if you're concerened about them, just wear studs or something, nothing odd about guys wearing studs anymore.

hell, as I have found out with my 15 year old daughter, point out that most of the male pop stars wear makeup, I know mine almost drools over any thats wearing mascarra

Do the kids ask "you" any questions? If they do, answer them. Jaie
    [SIZE="2"]I don't think people have problems with the fact that "we" like to crossdress. I think they have problems with the fact that we are comfortable with who we are and can express ourselves this way, while they have issues of their own that they don't know how to deal with.[/SIZE]