Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What triggered your CDing?

Banned Read only

The Continuum theory....

I don';t think that there is black and white, male and female. I think that there is a thread and we all have different hormone levels which place us in different loci along that thread. We are probably close to the middle of that thread, as are our sisters gg's who dress as male.
    It did start with my mom's lipstick and blowdryi9ng my hair into curls after swimming.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Gosh; can't remember a specific trigger; it feels like this need has always been with me.

I do remember trying on some of Mum's things when I was about 10 and having real difficulty explaining why I was hiding under the bed dressed in a skirt and stockings when, as was inevitable, I was caught out!

Since then I have always wanted to dress but circumstances have forced me to supress those desires for most of the time. It is only during the last few years that I have become more comfortable with myself and have been able to recognise that "Caroline" is entitled to at least some part of my life.

Birth!
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

Trigger

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, and there are a couple early memories that come to mind. First was seeing lingerie modeled in a JC Penney catalog, and then finding my mother's "things" in the laundry while doing the laundry. It (for some reason) seemed only natural to try them on. I was (everyone's used this pun too many times) hooked on the bra right away. It just felt so natural to put it on, hook it up in back and feel it embrace me. That was about 30-35 years ago and I still wear the bras (new ones of course).

I was about twelve. My older sister worked at the local Goodwill store. They had bags of stuff that they didn't think would sell, so they would just toss it. She wanted to make sure there wasn't anything cool in the bags, so she would snag a few everytime the tossed some. She would bring them home, and spread them out, and go through them. Most of it ended up getting re-bagged, and tossed, but I distinctly remember a pair of white vinyl high heeled knee high boots(with the hideous 1970's cork heel!!), that I adopted. That was the first step. My mom caught me with those, and threw them away at least 5 times! I had them until I outgrew them, and the collection just grew from there.
    The urge has come and gone through 2 marriages(one seven yrs long!), and uncounted relationships...but it has never gone away.
    It is stronger now than it has ever been, and seems to be growing by the day.
    Who knows where that tacky pair of vinyl boots may lead me!
    If you can't find the woman of your dreams... Be her!

Cheerleading For You. Amber_8281's Avatar

Ok

The only thing that startes it was. My sisiter dared me to put on one of her dresses. And I did. And it felt natural, I was about 5 or so when I did. And I now do it on a regular bases. I was dare once after that. Because I made fun of some cheerleders and well I ended up in a cheerleading uniiform. And at first is was kinda weird. But after about an hour or so. It was normal. And I still have the uniform.

For me it was my Aunt, she stayed with us for a couple of months. I tryed on her clothes because she was staying in my room. I just loved them, I was about 13 years old. I 40 now and don't plan to stop.

I guess for me it was Halloween 1998....my girlfriend at the time dressed me up just because she wanted to....I don't quite remember what I wore but little did she know that one time would get me hooked

What triggered your CDing?
    Me.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

batman of the 60s it was all tights from that point on i was 6

I too started with makeup and got hooked right away after wearing my mothers red lipstick.

[But for me it started a love of make-up. At first, I would try to do the clown faces like they were doing for the booth, but over time it evolved to trying to imitate what I saw my mother and sister do with their make-up. I actually did not try on any clothing for several years, but I never stopped loving the way make-up felt and looked. As a result, I am a little backwards in my progression. I know a lot of girls start with the clothes, and work their way up to make-up. I am actually much better at using make-up than I am at picking out and matching clothes. Even my wife tells me that I do my make-up almost perfectly. I guess thats what you get with 25 years of practice.

Michelle-H[/QUOTE]

i was about 11 or 12 and whenever i went into my moms bedroom there was a gypsy style dress there and i kept wanting to try it on in the end it got to much and i did! could nt stop from there

I think the idea in my head was always there. But I think the thing that triggered it was I was at a baseball game with my aunt's family and her next door neighbor. Needless to say, she was a hot MILF. I was about 10 or 11 or so, around the 6th grade I think. Anyways, I had on a short slleve shirt and shorts and it got cold at night and the MILF gave me her pink coat to put around me to stay warm. It was filled with her perfume and just turned me on!
    Well, I was allowed to go into their house, when they weren't home and all. I played on their computer a lot. Well, needless to say, I went rummaging through the MILFs drawer and tried on her clothes regularly. She was so beautiful! And I think that triggered it all!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleCD View Post
    Hi everyone. Im new here by the way this being my 1st post.

I just have a quick question for everybody after reading one of the other threads. I dont know if this has been raised before in past posts but i wonder what for everyone was the point were they 1st relised they where different and what they think triggered there CDing? Im very interested in what you guys have to say. Because for me. i really can't remember, It seems like its been with me all my life!

thanks guys x x x
    I was probably set on this course by school experiences and having to wear a dress for a school project because none of the lads wanted to actually do it, so I was left with the task of dressing up as a women.

Then later on past puberty, I volunteered to dress as a women for a charity event. I didn't realise what an effect that would have on me but I don't feel as if I'm different from everyone else. It's just a matter of wearing womens clothes, lingerie etc. makes me happy and lets my alter ego out. The person who appreciates women's design, the feel and just relaxing not being a male for several hours. When I get a pad of my own, I'll be able to dress for a day or even get a warddrobe specially for women's clothes.

It's the people who are around us that makes us feel different because either they been brought up to say that men shouldn't dress up in women's clothes etc. because it's not masculine on top of this societies view of men dressing as women. For us to be accepted we need to change societies view and how we view other peoples activities, sexualities.

I would love to live Thailand, then I could happily dress as a women all day because (Correct me if I'm wrong) Thailand has probably the most accepting culture along with holland for males who wish to be females.

To me this isn't something thats going to go away, I can bury or I can face it and explore the inner me.

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

It was so long ago that I don't know.

Some of my earliest memories are of playing around with (meaning putting on) mom's pantyhose and this was when I was 3 or 4. I don't know if any one of those early memories was the first time or not. I think I was born this way. It took a while to evolve much from there because I attended an all male grade school and junior high was all male other than faculty daughters, who were allowed to attend. At that school, they dressed up the boys as girls -- pantyhose, makeup and all -- in the school plays and that sure as h*ll had an effect on me. I wished I could do that but I knew I would be made fun of if I ever got a female part in the school play (I was made fun of for being "spacy" as it was -- courtesy of my ADHD). Anyway, I resolved that I was going to a co-ed high school for sure!

Then, of course, everyone in my family's social circles was rather traditional as are my parents. Other than the school plays in jr high (which were done out of necessity, not approval) up until high school, at the very earliest, all of the gender input I received was that males were males and females were females and never the twain shall meet! lol

I think I learned early on to suppress my femininity (being the smart cookie I was). I know that I was hiding myself from them as early as age 6 because I remember wearing a pair of mom's pantyhose under my pajamas. The footsie had a hole in it and I was discovered by my mom who told me to take them off and the kids would make fun of me if they ever knew. Thanks, mom!

I'm not a fan of the "nature vs. nurture" concept because part of the nurture comes from the self (due to one's own nature ) and so nature and nurture can be one and the same.

Instead, I prefer to express it as part endowment, part development. I was endowed with femininity (I don't doubt that at all) and the development of the femininity is why it is where it is now (I don't doubt that either). The main thing is that I was endowed with "indelible" femininity and ultimately that endowment is why I'm a crossdresser and possibly TG/TS. The pantyhose only got me started; the rest is gravy -- or should I say makeup?

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Maren; 08-19-2006 at 06:03 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I remember a satin robe I got from my sister - we didn't have a lot of money so it was ahand me down sort of thing.
    I loved it.

Also I remember trying on a white silk dress of my moms.

Maija

New girl
    My first time was when I was about 11. Later it came to me that when I was 4 or 5 my mother made me to wear my elder sister's school uniform to show the rest of the family how it looked though I didn't like it at all. Maybe that and the fact that I had two sisters and my father spent hole days in his work and my rampaging hormones made me to start dressing later. I also remember that as a kid I preffered playing with dolls rather than cars.

Probably when I was a teen and the first time I'd seen a pair of girls panties.
    I was jealous that they had so many different styles and colors to wear, and we got stuck with white briefs.
    What increased my curiousity to dress was being married and having dressers and closets full of my wives ( plural ) clothing to check out and try on.
    And being divorced and having access to E-Bay has really made it easier to
    buy the types of underwear, clothes and accessories that I want and desire without anyone questioning all the different packages coming here from all over the country.

silk lingerie

i got hooked on crossdressing when iwas 10 when isaw my mates mum getting dressed putting her stockings on . so i want to try and one thing led to another.

emma
    thank god im dressed now!!

I don't knowit just always felt right when I put something fem. on
    Angie G.

started

I'm not sure how or why I started. I guess the thought had always crossed my mind. I knew I was hooked when I ordered and recieved that first VS dress and it fit perfectly. From that point on I've aquired a large collection of dresses and outfits.

I remember as a little kid having to go in my mums room early mornings as we had no stair gate and everyone else was at work and school, I used to watch her get dressed every morning, I was fascinated by her putting her bra on and then her make up and I always remember I wanted to be like mummy back then, I think I may have told her I cant remember specific things that I said but I must have said I wanted to wear that to her at one time or another or it is pretty , I dont know.
    Then one day I went in my sisters room and discovered her wardrobe aged about 6 and the rest is history

wouldnt want it any other way!!

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

My cousins

When I was about 5 or 6 my two cousins of (12 and 14) dressed me as a girl and took me with them to one of their friends home. There were another 4 girls and we spent all that afternoon trying makeup, heels and so on.

I enjoyed it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleCD View Post
    Hi everyone. Im new here by the way this being my 1st post.

I just have a quick question for everybody after reading one of the other threads. I dont know if this has been raised before in past posts but i wonder what for everyone was the point were they 1st relised they where different and what they think triggered there CDing? Im very interested in what you guys have to say. Because for me. i really can't remember, It seems like its been with me all my life!

thanks guys x x x
    Well lets see, the earliest I can remember dressing although I had no real knowledge as I do today was somewhere around 5 or 6. I picked up some of my moms clothing in the laundry room, which by the way was in the basement, and I started experimenting. Got caught a couple of times, they even tried counciling but nothing seemed to work. So I think they just resigned to accepting it because during my 10th grade year she went out and bought me some panties and hose and some other tid bits and said it was to keep me out of her stuff, I felt wonderful. And I have been dressing ever since, but very few people know about it, if you check my other post you will see I live in a small town and well I am not the most comfortable around other being dressed, I have gone out a few times and I would like to do it more but what I would like is a mentor to do it with and assist with.

My Grandmother Told Me One Day When I Was About 6 Years Old, That My Mother Always Wanted A Daughter. When I Was Born, She Di Not Even Have A Boys Name Picked Out, She Thought Sure I Would Be A Girl. My Grandmother Also Told Me That My Mother Did Not Have Any Clothes For A Boy, So She Used To Dress Me As A Girl, My Father Was Never Home And Did Not Know About How She Was Dressing Me. My Grandmother Would Scold My Mother For Dressing Me As A Girl, But It Continued Until I Went To School. I Really Did Not Know The Difference At The Time. I Do Know That When I Started Dressing As A Girl Intentionally, That It Felt Very Natural And Normal. I Remember At Halloween Times, My Mother Would Dress Me Up And Do My Make-up, Put A Wig On Me And Sent Me Out With The Other Kids....just Before My Mother Died, She Finally Told Me That She Wished I Would Have Been Her Daughter.... So That Is What I Want To Be 24/7.....layla
    The daughter my mother always wanted.