Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my husband being honest about his feelings regarding cd?

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    I would vote in a pink pill where the world wouldnt judge us for what we were made to be. but my second choice would be to take the pill to make it go away. It is very tough going through life like this, especially if you have the sasquatch gene running in your family (you know hairy 6'1" etc). If I had a more femme build it would be easier.
    Erika Leigh

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanM GG
    My husband tells me that if he could take a little pill that would make his desire for x-dressing go away, he would. I suppose this is one reason why I am often confused about many of the posts here...most of you seem to want more of it...is he being honest about this OR what? jean
    I wouldn't worry about it Darling---whether he would take the pill or not doesn't matter because such a pill does not exist---I'm sure that I speak for most of us when I tell you that our crossdressing is deeply engrained and not something that we can just shake off---having said that you should concentrate on what your husbands weaknesses and strengths are---is he honest, reliable, finanancially secure and responsible, does he treat you well, is he temperate in his habits etc. If he is all of those things, then he must be pretty good, crossdressing or not.

Just been having a natter with Nigella about this and she has firmly said "if a pill was available she wouldn't take it" and I wouldn't want her to either, also and I do tend to agree with her on this, those who say "yes I would take it " are maybe not as comfortable with their dressing as they may think they are.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

To pill or not

There wasa time when I would have taken that pill. I felt ashamed of what I was and hated the desires that I had. It took time and educating myself and lots of internal work coming to place where I love who I am would not change it for anything in the world.

Love,
    Rikki
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Pill

You have received a lot of good comments and one more probably won't make any difference but, I suspect your husband is being honest with you.

I just wanted to weigh in with my personal experience.

Several comments were along the lines that he would take it because of the guilt associated with cross dressing. That may or may not be the case. In my personal case I have been cross dressing for more years than I care to think about. Yes, in the earlier years there was a good deal of guilt about it and the need to sneak around to do it. I have long since come to terms with my self and can say I no longer have any guilt about it. I, for reasons I do not understand, am a crossdresser. I enjoy it very much. BUT! If that pill were available I would take it immediately. My life would be simpler and I would feel "more normal"

Hope this helps a little bit.

Kath

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra GG
    "if a pill was available she wouldn't take it" and I wouldn't want her to either, also and I do tend to agree with her on this
    I agree too...although it's been tough...I would NOT force him in any direction other than a non-destructive one (ok...what is destructive...that's another thread...you simply have to trust me) j.

I have no doubt that he's telling you the truth. Ther are many CDs who would take just such a pill in a heartbeat.

However, my personal preference would be the development of a pill for all of society to take that would cause THEM to learn to accept us simply for the people that we are.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Quote Originally Posted by JeanM GG
    My husband tells me that if he could take a little pill that would make his desire for x-dressing go away, he would. I suppose this is one reason why I am often confused about many of the posts here...most of you seem to want more of it...is he being honest about this OR what? jean
    Well, since I don't know him personally, I couldn't say if he was being honest or not.

For me, i would take it, as long as it didn't change my personality. The reason I would take it is because my wife isn't entirely happy that I CD. If I didn't like CDing or was embarassed about it, I would take it even if my wife didn't hate it.

If I were single, or if my wife didn't mind it, then I would not take it, as I rather like being able to dress enfemme.
    DonnaT

Smile blue,green,pink?

I would not take the pill,blue or pink.I believe that if I was one or the other 24/7, I would not be the unique person I have become due to the trials and tribulations cross-dressing have brought into my life.
    There are many "men" who I find repulsive due to the dripping testosterone and their Neanderthal attitudes toward women.
    Sorry to say there are also some women who I cannot tolerate for a number of reasons, I believe that my life with one boot in one life and one high heel in the other I am able to "balance" my response to each in a more equatable fashion.

I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me.

I use to believe that I would take that pill just to fit in the world. If my wife were about to walk out the door I'd pray to GoD for that pill. So the long and short is,now, it would be for her.

I can't see that your husband would have any reason to say that, if he didn't actually believe it.There'd really be no benifit in making that up.Right?

dann

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tekla west
    I guess like Neo was told:

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Some of us allways take the blue pill. Some of us allways take the red pill.
    Personally, I take the purple pill - it cures my my acid reflux!

Really though, I find myself becoming more comfortable in accepting that I am what I am and I don't want to take any pill that would take away the part of me that is tightly coupled to some of the best qualities of my personality. I think that many GG's go through their entire marriages complaining about their husband's lack of sensitivity, consideration, and communication - things that are often part and parcel of the more feminine side of us! (That and not leaving the toilet seat up!) LOL

If more men wore dresses, and women accepted that, I bet there would be a lot fewer divorces!

That is a good question Jean and a difficult one. I love being a crossdresser and really enjoy dressing but I also enjoy being a man and doing guy things. This I have posted before. It can complicate things though, have fought dressing a large part of my life, only because it is easier to go through life as a typical dude. But when I am dressing up I am in heaven.

I would probably take a pill to erase the thoughts, I think... but that will probably not happen so I will just enjoy my life to the fullest.

It is good to hear about all the SO's on this forum that are loving and supportive. This is not something that can be turned off, as some (including one of my exes) seem to believe.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    I often told my ex wife if I thought I could quit.. I would.. but know better.. as much as i love who/what I am, sometimes i feel its more a curse than a blessing. I always wish I could be "normal", but it took over 30 years to get to accepting who i am.. now I will spend the rest of my life trying to get OTHERS to accept me for who i am...

Yes.. If I could change and never look back... I probably would....

Aspiring Member
    My only reason for wanting to quit dressing would be to avoid being found out by those I wouldn't want finding out about it-if some of the people in my life were more open minded about this I would have no reason to quit.

He is obviously concerned about social pressures. So, to fit in, yes he probably would take a pill. However, he can't. So, acceptance is the best cure.

Just because society doesn’t except the fluidity of gender doesn’t mean we have too. Just because men are no longer allowed to express femme characteristics, and increasingly women, doesn’t mean we should let it.

Just because we are expected to be contained and predictable like the lumberjack from Monty Python, it is going to cause stress, and quick escapes will be desired.
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

I think he is being honest. It can be very frustrating being between genders, and everyone wants acceptance for who they are. The thing is, we have no control over when we are born, or what society. A few hundred years ago all men wore tights, and going back further still, they wore skirts and it was perfectly acceptable. It is a good thing that some question current norms and ways of thinking, otherwise the human race would never evolve. Instead of taking a pill to cure myself, I would rather everyone else took whatever we did at birth, and became more open minded. There was clearly one handed out when women started wearing trousers, so now it's our turn!

Apologies if none of the above made sense btw...
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by KateW
    I think he is being honest. It can be very frustrating being between genders, and everyone wants acceptance for who they are. The thing is, we have no control over when we are born, or what society. A few hundred years ago all men wore tights, and going back further still, they wore skirts and it was perfectly acceptable. It is a good thing that some question current norms and ways of thinking, otherwise the human race would never evolve. Instead of taking a pill to cure myself, I would rather everyone else took whatever we did at birth, and became more open minded. There was clearly one handed out when women started wearing trousers, so now it's our turn!

Apologies if none of the above made sense btw...
    Sure did. In an increasingly masculinised world, femininity is repressed in both sexes to a certain degree. We for some reason, arguably, embrace femininity.

Certain female communities such as Gothic and Lolita (mainly women, check it out) embrace femininity as well. Many CD'ers adapt quite well to this group and are accepted by the females too.

There is a growing movement both male and female that is trying to reclaim the gender.
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Living like this is not easy. Life is complicated with the constant battle of male vs female persona and consequently the needs associated with each. Top that off with societal attitudes and the battle becomes even worse.

I think that if:
    We were accepted as "normal" life would be much easier. This would allow us the freedom to be who we are, to meld the male and female and live "normal" lives instead of being in a constant state of flux.

We had a choice we would go one way or the other. I think this applies more to the TG side of the spectrum than the CD/TV where the above would be more applicable. Unfortunately for many of us the choice didnt really exist decades ago so here we are; worse? than ever. (Hold the protests girls, yes we could transition but at what cost? For many of us the price is too high because of our ages. It is a personal decision for each of us.)

So is your hubby being honest. I think so.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

glad to be here Michelle_cd_girl's Avatar

CDing can be a real torment if you haven't come to terms with it

For years, I wished I could take that pill too - I couldn't come to terms with something that controlled me, and I couldn't stop. I'd curse myself, purge my wardrobe (I know, I know), swear it off, and try to get into a relationship that would "keep me on the straight and narrow", away from my perceived, hidden addiction. Unfortunately, it all led to misery and a string of failed relationships that were mere distractions from my own problems and denial of who I really am.

My advice to you would be to believe your spouse. And understand that the more you can support and love the woman in him (that has sensitive, understanding qualities that many men don't posess), the more your relationship will grow. An ongoing unacceptance or hating one's self inflicts collateral damage in the relationships around us. People can say "you're a great guy" but we think "yeah, but if you only knew, you'd think I'm a terrible person". Any kind of religious upbringing with strict lines drawn between right and wrong (and no shades of grey) can pose further difficulties. REAL acceptance by the person closest to us can lead to a great weight being lifted off our shoulders and the joy of life returning.

We can be our own worst enemy. If we can't accept ourselves, then how can we freely and fully love those who are important to us? We can't. I'd suggest that you give your spouse all the understanding you can muster, and REALLY encourage him to accept all the facets of his being. If you encourage the expression of his feminine side WITH you, he'll thank you for the rest of his life. Denial robs us of joy.

Michelle_cd_girl

ONCE MORE...thank you.....for all of your replies!!! But please...do remember that the question was not about whether or not my husband was telling the truth (sorry for the confusion), but rather whether or not YOU ever felt that way . jean

Sorry for the long post...

This is a good question that I have wrestled with myself. First, I want to state that I am very comfortable with my dressing. I have many friends who know about Monika and are supportive. I go out dressed quite frequently and generally do not have problems passing. There are few activities that I haven’t participated in as a woman in public that I would still like to do someday. I often spend weekends entirely as Monika and have spent up to two weeks during vacations as her too.

That said, I find being a crossdresser to nonetheless be a complicated and lonely existence. I am 40 years old and single. I know many of you have successful relationships and are happily married. Unfortunately, that is the one area of my life that I have not been able to be successful. I am a somewhat shy person, so I don’t meet women easily to begin with. The dread of the inevitable “conversation” has made me miserable at times. That conversation has lead to rejection. While I probably would be somewhat shy regardless, crossdressing I think compounds it for me.

The complications that come along with some of the secrecy involved because not everyone knows – my parents would never understand and it would be problematic if colleagues from work knew – are mostly minor inconveniences. That does not bother me much. It is the loneliness that really bothers me.

Monika is a core part of me. Am I ashamed of her? No! Am I embarrassed by the fact that I am a crossdresser? No! Do I feel guilty about it? No! But the fact that I have come to terms with myself does not mean that I am accepted by others. Even when one feels good about one’s self, rejection still hurts.

Would I take the pill? Today I think the answer is yes. I would certainly think long and hard about it. If I was in a loving, stable, supportive, happy relationship with a woman, the answer would be no. It’s complicated.

Monika

Can't speak for him...I don't want that pill.I love being who I am and I am a bi cd.....well on the other hand, do they make a pill that will make me 100% WOMAN ?
    Dee Dee

taking a pill

i would agree your husband is feeling guilty , the urge to dress in feminine
    cloths does not diminish with age it gets stronger .the best you can do is
    try to control it whilst maintaining your male social role.He is lucky to have such an understanding partner to support him.

"Never trust a man who says trust me" Belle Star

Was he in men's or woman's clothes when he said it? I think there was a time for many of us we wished we didn't crossdress. I tried many times over the years to stop. Now I have found many others like me and accept being a cd.
    Mam;as for your husband iether you believe him or you don't( I hope you do believe him). I can't vouch for someone I don't know.
    Anyone who is for the green pill I'll trade you mine for a corsett like the one I just saw Karen Hutton wearing, or I'll trade my pill for something sexy in size 10.

Jean,

"He" may be honest in saying that, but I don't think this would apply to all CD'ers. (At least not me.)