Thread: First time what to do?

First time what to do?

Alright so my best friend who I just opened up to like yesterday about me being a CD. She said even though I've never dressed fully en femme I should go out with her and we will get pedicures. The thing is I'm not sure what to do abotu a wig, I don't own one and I just drove to a place in Reading, MA (Joker's Wild a costume store) to try and get a wig but come to find out they are closed for the week and there other store is in Danvers but was closign in 20min and I had no idea how to get there. I'm either going out tommorow or wednesday. Does anybody know of any stores thats sell wigs around those areas, I'm willing to make a drive.

Another question is what I'm supposed to do abotu boobs. I don't wanan buy false ones unless I find out that they aren't expensive. Any suggestions? Any help you can give will be appreciated by a first time CD.

Wigs you could get on ebay, but breasts forms well I'd make sure you really want them before you buy them

Oh and whatever you do don't wash your wigs in your washing machine, buy some wig spray and at best put them in a pillow cover first if you're going to wash them in a machine

Hi,

For breastforms: http://www.magiccurves.com/

I just got some breastforms from them and am happy with them. They are reasonably priced.

For wigs: http://www.newattitudewigs.com/

You can also get a wig short term at a costume store if you need right away.

Good luck!

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

Platinum Member
    you could always check out this....http://www.glamourboutique.com/

I was thinking about ordering a wig online but it is such short notice and the fact that I don't want something delivered incase it doesn't come in and when my parents get back from vacation it might come when they are here which would be awful! But thanks for all your help girls I'll use those sites for future interest.

On another note

You can also get a wig short term at a costume store if you need right away.
    I drove around for an hour or so lookign for some and al lthe ones I remembered ended up being closed down or taken over by another store, lol my luck.

Thanks again. =)

Oh yeah another thought came to mind, so if I don't get breastforms what should I stuff my bra with that won't fall out or really iritate me.

You could try Florences Fashions in Wakefield. Barbara, the owner is great dealing with all the gurls that come thru her store. She has a little bit of everything you need. Don't know if she is cheap enough for you, but she can help you get started. I don't know her hours though.

Here's directions.
    http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=...=ZHKrcg27%2FvY

For a wig go to Glamour Boutique in Auburn (link in above response). For boobs, go to Wal-Mart and get a "No Boundaries" brand water bra. Feels just like a bra with breast forms already built in. Jaie
    [SIZE="2"]I don't think people have problems with the fact that "we" like to crossdress. I think they have problems with the fact that we are comfortable with who we are and can express ourselves this way, while they have issues of their own that they don't know how to deal with.[/SIZE]

Thansk so much gurls again. I'm gonna try and go to wakefiled, or if I have the time Auburn, before I go out. =)

Also thanks for the walmart info.

Btw I'm actually dressed pretty femme right now since I just shaved off alot of my body hair.

Silver Member

first time

Dear Closet,

Are you sure you want to go all out this first time?

You don't have to dress to get a pedicure, you know. It may be more fun if you don't dress. You will certainly be more relaxed. I got a manicure this afternoon at the mall and watched a few girls gettiong pedicures. It really looked like fun!! They have a big whirlpool like thing for your feet and really comfy looking chairs. I'm gonna get a pedicure next.

I really don't advise getting a costume shop wig. It will be cheap and shoddy. Won't fit right and won't look right. Save your money for a good one. Go to a real wig shop and get help picking out the right one for your face and style.
    Call ahead for an apointment if you are shy about this. Then you know there will be no surprises. They deal with lots of CDers, and will be happy to deal with you.

Same goes for breasts. Spend a few bucks and you will be glad you did everytime you put them on. PALS seem to be about the least expensive decent forms at around at $70 - $80. You can do better on Ebay, I think. Go for silicone if you can afford it. PALS are a gel.

Whatever you do, take it easy and have a wonderful time. I can't wait for MY pedicure.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 07-11-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Why would you need a wig for a peticure? I get them from time to time and I've never had a problem.

For breastforms, put rice in a sandwich bag..put in as much as you want they work great and don't cost alot..
    http://www.paulayoung.com/
    Check out Paula for wigs,not to bad on price...wal-mart for makeup...Now you go girl..!
    Dee Dee

Banned Read only
    You can get some really nice breast enhancers cheap, $19.99, from Harriet Carter gifts. Why throw away hundreds of dollars. They are silicone and fell real. Works for me.

I suggest you do not overspend on a wig or breast enhancers until you are stisfied yoiu can achieve the look yuo are satisfied with

Perhaps up to $35 for bra enhancer and up to $70 for a wig. Particularly do not overspend on the wig until you find the style that will suit your face.

As suggested have a good look through the Paula Young catalogue - it gives a good idea of face shapes and the hair that will suit certain face styles.
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

quick and painless

Here's a list of wig shops near Reading, MA --- should find something there. Have a great time out in the world!

jai

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylt=...g%2C+MA&fr=yp2

Smile

I found my first wig at the flee market. I have since gotten rid of the flees. I found my last wig and the one i'm wearing now at the beauty supply store just up the street from me (which is right next door to my job, kinda scarry).
    Boobs are easy, if worst comes to worst kleanex and a padded bra.
    Now knock em dead girl.
    Huggs, Shelly.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.