Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Thing I've Ever Done.. Told Long Term GF

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar

Hardest Thing I've Ever Done.. Told Long Term GF

[SIZE="3"] Here is the thread that started the ball rolling http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=31810
    This is what followed..........
    Monday July 3, Well I did it 4 hrs of emotional talking went much better than I had ever expected. She did not know, knew something was up but NEVER thought it was dressing. Very open to it I had to slow her down she wanted to see pics already. Told her in time let’s talk first get all the questions out in the open first. Did not lie to her told all, she asked about going out, to what extent I dressed, she was surprised how often I do and, what I do. Much to talk about but she open to it to what extent time will tell, but our conversation was not an argument, even though that’s what started the conversation. I waited so long for the right time, I picked what I would have thought was the worst time to tell her. If there is a test of love this was it, opening up to her was the hardest thing I have ever done.

Tuesday July 4, the shock hit her last night she had trouble sleeping, we talked for 2 hrs then she took a nap and talked for 4 more hrs good sign. She is listening and not running.

Wish to thank all for the advice over the last few months, used alot of it. Greatful for the opinions of the GG's.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=31810

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32255

I didn't want to hear them at first but were the exact questions she had asked, "Why I had not told her sooner"

She is open to conversation and can accept me as I am, we are talking and will see what we can work out.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 07-22-2006 at 02:42 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Well... It sounds like this is cause for celebration. Judging from the fireworks sounds outside, my neighbors must agree, but I digress... Nothing worth doing is easy. May you reap the benefits of your honesty (and courage) for literally generations to come.
    Hugs,

Bernice

Way to go Kristen.
    Danielle

Good luck Kristen! You have done the right thing. Now time will tell how it turns out. My prayers are for you tonight.

Love

Sally

girl next door
    Congratulations to you and your g/f, Kristen. I'm pleased to hear that it has gone so well so far. (not to stomp on your buzz, but...) Do beware of the possibility of a less satisfactory, delayed response. I hope not, just a word of caution. Good luck to both of you. Big hugs, Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Newly married to CDsWifey NewbieCD's Avatar
    Congratulations Kristin I am glad it worked out well for you....

Congratulations Kristen

Congrats,

Sounds like a true Independence Day.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Kelly
    [SIZE="3"] If there is a test of love this was it, opening up to her was the hardest thing I have ever done.
    [/SIZE]
    So gratifying to hear it went so well. 'Hiding' infers shame (often confused with fear) and telling ... well, telling is communicating. Hope the days ahead stay even and high.

Bless you both and hope for a good out come for you as a couple.

I hope it continues to go well. Keep it up. Good luck.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

You go girl. Sounds like things are gonna be very good for you in the future if thats how she is taking it. Youre in for a hell of a lot of those long conversations but after a few they will turn into fun talks about your day and shopping and stuff. Hope things go well for you.

Great job Kristen Kelly,

my wife learned about my hobby over the week end much the same way and took it very well. even told her i'd like to grow breasts some day soon. she asked for reading material and wants us to see a gender counselor.

take things slow and let her determine how fast things progress. and always be honest! 0.02

Lynn

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    Congrats!

's to you and your g/f.

Please try to be as open as things progress so that you two can avoid some of the troubles that can come after the secret is out. It takes lots of communication and honesty for each of you to reach a good balance. So that she doesn't feel lost and you don't go all "kid in a candy store" on her.

Love & Hugs
    ~Kitty~
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

I Need Time to Think

[SIZE="3"]Day four: "I need time to think" Yogi said,"Its not over till its over", well the bugle player is on the sidelines and the only song he knows is tapps. After four days of talking, answering questions and spilling my soul, it was too much to take, tonight she told me I need some time and space, dont call me for a while. I can't say I didn't try, maybe a little to much a little to late. I first said I was supprised at her actions, her true feelings were delayed actions. I did what I had to do, I haven't given up all hope but all the "Congrats!" were premature. I hear the fat lady singing and she has a five o'clock shadow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

girl next door
    At least you still have your sense of humor - loved that last line.

I'm so sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worse. Seeing as you're a Beatles fan (as am I), allow me to referenece another song from side 2 of Let It Be : "The Long and Winding Road." Just as the congratses may have been somewhat premature, so too may be pronouncing the relationship dead. It is very understandable how your g/f might need a bit of time to process the disclosures and events of the past several days. Relationships, like life, are long and winding roads, with bumps and surprises. Just ask your g/f.

If you had been thinking of a lifetime together with her, while painful, disclosing this to her now - relatively sooner than later - really was the best course of action. If she loves you AND is the sort of person who can handle spending her life with a CD, she'll come back. If she does not, well, perhaps it's better really to learn that now than a year or decade down the road.

Good luck, sweetie, and hang in there. We're all pullin' for ya.

xoxo

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Tell her about this place...may help....
    You may want to get her on this site, so she can see and understand things better...but do take it slow
    Dee Dee

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi
    At least you still have your sense of humor - loved that last line.

I'm so sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worse. Seeing as you're a Beatles fan (as am I), allow me to referenece another song from side 2 of Let It Be : "The Long and Winding Road." Just as the congratses may have been somewhat premature, so too may be pronouncing the relationship dead. It is very understandable how your g/f might need a bit of time to process the disclosures and events of the past several days. Relationships, like life, are long and winding roads, with bumps and surprises. Just ask your g/f.

If you had been thinking of a lifetime together with her, while painful, disclosing this to her now - relatively sooner than later - really was the best course of action. If she loves you AND is the sort of person who can handle spending her life with a CD, she'll come back. If she does not, well, perhaps it's better really to learn that now than a year or decade down the road.

Good luck, sweetie, and hang in there. We're all pullin' for ya.

xoxo

Tammi

[SIZE="3"]Tks,First I havent given up hope, and knew the odds were stacked against me, when you are with a person as long as we were you can guess their actions. I know what I did needed to be done for us to grow, I knew I could Compromise, not stop, that hadnt even come up yet, couldn't accept the fact I dressed and went "OUT" like that. I took a long time to come out, even to myself, I like the daylight, she is afraid of being the fool with THAT fool. Time will Tell...... Yes I know you are all there for me, we are a community! That I am thankful for.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 07-06-2006 at 10:46 PM.

[SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

pretty pretty princess

comin out

i made progress tonight coming out to a friend ,she was guessing more "gay" than "trans" we made progress,but didn't take it too far.i prefer baby steps anyway it makes things reassuring more and gives me time to think.i hope things get better.

Well done, congratulations, and the very best of luck to you both. I did the same thing last year, and have been greatly relieved, and we have had a lot of fun together.

Best wishes and you go Girl!

Susan

Wife of Brandy (NewbieCD) CDsWifey GG's Avatar
    My fiance didnt tell me he was dressing until just a few weeks ago. I have been thru every emotion in the world since. I have been angry scared confused appalled and even jealous. If you had asked him how I was taking it at about the 36 hour mark you would have thought we were thru. But since then I have thought about it and all the reasons I am with him. They are all tied in to this integral part of who he is. His sensitivity, his understanding. I am now on this journey with him helping him dress, helping him shop, helping him cope. When I have a negative feeling about all this I talk it over with him, he soothes my fears and answers my questions. I am not saying I am totally cool with everything yet but I am willing to try, and maybe she will be too. It may just take some time for her to come to grips with it all. Just be patient and know you did the right thing, for yourself and for her. I hope it does work out and she comes to understand you are still the same person she cared for all along.

[SIZE="3"]Update 1 week later......Well we are talking again seems like love wins out, after a very emotional Thursday night we saw each other Sunday afternoon, we made plans to take the kyack out for a few hour trip. We had agreed to try to not talk about it much but the questions started to fly, do you stuff your bra, and with what, what cup size do you wear, what dress size are you. I answered all with a little giggle. She gave me a hug and a kiss that started an afternoon of love making, better than it had been in years. Afterwards we talked she said, she felt like it was a new beginning, like when we first met, I told her I felt the same way too. Told her I had some information for her to read if she would like to and she does. She is learning to understand a side of me that I hid from her, she understands she can not change me, things have even taken on a positive aditude, she even shocked me when she called me Kristen. I have told her If we can get through this we can handle anything. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 07-23-2006 at 06:49 AM.

[SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

fantastic!!

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Hi Kristen,

I am very pleased that things have taken a turn for the better!

We will look forward to eventually having your wife participate in the forum.

Missy Anne

Great news, I'm happy for you. Remember to let her dictate the pace, don't go overboard and scare her away...

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Hi Kristen,

I've been reading your story with great concern and hope. It sounds like things are going in a positive direction. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG