Thread: Advice from GG

Advice from GG

like alot of CD's in here i have problems dating women....i think the biggest issue overall is how to break the news of how i am, i try to date women who will most likely be more open to my lifestyle among every thing.....i guess im just asking for some feed back on this issue....how yur boyfriend or husband could of handled it better or worse....how you feel in the long term and how it ways on the scale overall.....

Quote Originally Posted by scott55410
    like alot of CD's in here i have problems dating women....i think the biggest issue overall is how to break the news of how i am, i try to date women who will most likely be more open to my lifestyle among every thing.....i guess im just asking for some feed back on this issue....how yur boyfriend or husband could of handled it better or worse....how you feel in the long term and how it ways on the scale overall.....
    Well for me my partner started to get the urge to dress more or less as we met. I'd been with him for around 6 months when it all came out and by then I was already head over heals in love with him. To be honest I can't really see a problem with it, my only concern was did he want to transition and did he fancy other men. Once that was sorted we were off the starting blocks and into a great adventure together.
    I dont really know how you would gauge whether or not a woman would be open to your lifestyle. Ive heard CDs say that they have female friends who are very accepting but wouldn't want a partner who did it, theyre open minded to a degree, but the bottom line is they dont want a relationship with a CD.
    This cannot be easy for you and I admire the fact that you want to be honest and upfront with a potential partner, but to be honest, I'd work on the relationship part first, and then if you think it could be serious think about telling her more about yourself. Afterall understanding is better gained from a person who knows you alittle and trusts that your quite normal in every way and not some kind of pervert.
    Take care
    BEVxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by scott55410
    If you want to meet a GG who'll accept your dressing, your best bet is to meet one when you're dressed! You'll often find groups of GGs in tranny clubs (eg out on hen nights), and if you look good the chances are they'll make a move on you. Which let's face it, makes the job a whole lot easier. They'll invariably ask you if you're gay, but once you've got that out of the way, you're laughing.

deleted as I am not a GG therefore my views are unhelpful and invalid.
    Last edited by Josi; 07-04-2006 at 07:41 PM.
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

I met my SO on the Internet. I posted in a bi and lesbian board on AOL and explained up front who I was and what I was about in my first post. She had known about Drag Queens but not a lot about CD'ers. She replied to my post and we started exchanging Emails. She lived two hours away from me and the first three times we met I was in total femm. It wasn't until our fourth meeting did she see me in drab. When her coworkers asked about me after the first date, about the only thing she could say was well she (uh he) has blue eyes and is really tall

Bev is right though on being sure about the relationship. My wife later told me she knew she was in love with me even before we met. You can learn a lot about a person through Email without ever meeting them. If you do find some one you have feelings for, you must tell them before you get to serious. Do not under any circumstances think maybe "this" girl will change your desires. It would most certainly not be fair to her or your self and would most likely cause problems in the relationship at a later date. I have found on a few occasions, that my wife does not like surprises. Honesty is THE best policy.
    Hope this helps0.02

Hugs and Kisses,
    Lanie

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Wow.. all good responses to a great question (one that I am grappling with now I am single again). If it were up to me, I agree that honesty is the best policy, and I would prefer to tell a prospective SO up front.. and like another respondent said, that way you get acceptance or rejection up front beofre anyone invests too much time or emotions in a relationship...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    If you do find some one you have feelings for, you must tell them before you get to serious.
    I agree with the quote above. If you tell...it will deliver trust and intimacy and could/would strenghten the relationship. If you don't tell...and move forward...it can/would create SERIOUS PAIN AND TRUST ISSUES thay may or many NOT ever be resolved.

You can find open minded girls anywhere...Good luck...jean

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    I could have sworn this thread asked for input from GG's. And for the GG's who DID manage to get a word in edgewise, well done!