Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stand up, Be proud! Fight for your rights, take a stand.

I didn't read the whole thread but I know one thing that I think is a real big help in furthering the CD cause is GNO(Girls Night Out), which I think right now is just a New England(in the US) thing? There's GNO's in several states, and it's T-girls(and SO's if they choose) who go out and go to bars/clubs and have fun in a group setting(the idea that being in a group is safe). Tgirl74 and I have been several times(the one in our state and in the state below us). I think it's great to have visability Because honestly, most people don't really even know that CD'ing exists! I know I didn't. I mean I knew there was such a thing as drag queens, and I knew there were transexuals, but never really saw many. So I think having visability just in itself is a HUGE step.
    I'm tgirl74's girlfriend

In Houston we have had Girls Night Out (we call Elegant Ladies Night Out) 4-6 times each year for over 10 years. Most are couples who go to upscale restaurants, theatres, clubs. This Saturday night we are going to Magic Island, for a four course dinner, magic shows, blackjack and dancing. Our girls all look so good that all are accepted and given the red carpet treatment.

Hugs,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Hi Tekla,

Beautiful, eloquent... The closest thing I think we have ever had to a manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west
    And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singing a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
    Great reference. It illustrates that it's not a few people making grand gestures - it's many people doing small things.

If we all did our own small part to raise awareness, imagine what we could achieve...

Thank you so much for this!

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kimberley
    I am out to my wife. Her approach is if you are going to pursue that lifestyle, I am gone; with the house, the cars, the pensions all of it. So, I am supposed to come out of the closet and march in the streets? I am supposed to toss away 35 years of hard work for an ideal? GET A GRIP!!!

Quote:
    Yeah, therein lies the problem, and the point, really. What we want is that attitudes change so that doesn't happen IN THE FUTURE. That requires effort in the here and now, and that obviously isn't desirable for those, like you, who'd lose everything so the next generation didn't lose everything

[SIZE="2"]I am very new here but I just read thru this whole thread and I wanted to comment on these 2 things above...when someone stated that if they pursued their lifestyle they would lose everything, the next person says well thats why we need to change so that attitudes will change and this wont happen in the future....All I want to say is this...regardless of what is changed and what laws are changed people will still have their own opinions and attitudes about CDing or whatever the case may be, just because its in the law books doesnt mean it has to be accepted by your wife/gf or whoever. Personally I accept my husband 100% BUT when we do have children we will NOT tell them no matter what laws have changed or movements brought about. Our families will NEVER know no matter what changes in the world. This is something that we are keeping private and have no desire for everyone in our lives to know. Because like I said a minute ago no matter how many things change in the world people still have their own opinions. Take for instance same sex marriages, they are legal in some states, but that doesnt mean everyone approves right? interracial marriages are legal but that doesnt mean everyone approves....Just because something is legal or is allowed in a work environment doesnt mean everyone has to accept it and live with it. Thats just my 0.02 and im not trying to offend anyone but I just think when thinking of doing something like this everyone has to be thought about not just yourself[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    First - to Captain Lex, you are right, a HUGE oversight on my part, I will correct it in the next rewrite.

And, I don't care if they 'like' it. They might vote republican and I sure don't like that, still its within their rights. And that's all I seek is basic rights.

And the deal about the movement is simple, enough people make change happen. If 50 people a day walked into a store, and the clerk refused to serve them because they were "uncomfortable" with the idea, how long before the manager tells them that they are in business for money, not comfort?

I remember well, and try to hold it in my mind at all times, what a boss of mine once said when I was standing there in a club way back in the 80s listening to some bad hair band from LA and said "This band sucks." He gently turned to me and said "This band sold-out, you can listen to music you like on your own time."

I was just thinking about all of this... and a phrase by CaptLex rang home.

Live free or die!
    If I can't express who I want to be, if I can't live how I want to live... If I can't be what I want to be, then I don't want it at all.

I value life so so much, but I just want to be able to express who I am and express that openly... We all have a finite time on this planet. It haunts me, that feeling. But if I can't have any of that, then I don't want anything.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]