K, the time has come for me to come out to my Dad, and I hope those of you who've gone before me will share your experiences, good and bad and give me any advice you think will help me. Our family is one of those that never really talks about anything serious much at all, so I'm trying to decide how to go about this. I came out to my eldest sister a year ago and got no support at all. In fact, at the time, she said telling my Dad would probably put him in his grave. I was surprised by that reaction from her b/c I always thought she was the most open-minded person in the family. This is easily going to be the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. I don't want to hurt him, but I refuse to live any other way now. He has been asking me alot of questions lately about "what's going on" in my life though, so he's got to be wondering what's up. I need to do this soon though b/c I'm going full time in June and I need to have this behind me. Help!!!
Chrissy
ps - for those of you who remember me, I'm soooo glad to be back on the forum! It's been a long ten months since my last post.