Thread: womb environment "make men gay"???

Question womb environment "makes men gay"???

Wondering if anyone saw this BBC article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5120004.stm

The article relates the findings of a Canadian study suggesting that homosexuality could be the result of "maternal memory" in that the womb recognizes the male fetus as a foreign body, which prompts a immune reaction that grows stronger with every male fetus. In short, the more brothers you have, the more likely you are to be gay.

I'm curious if this study could transcend homosexuality to include ts/tv/tg/cd.

I have an older brother --- anyone else "fit" within the confines of the study?
    Last edited by jai.says; 07-11-2006 at 12:44 PM.

This theory is around since a while.
    There is a similar one for TGs. This one basicly states that transgenderism might be caused by some hormone imbalances during the first month.

AFAIK neither is proven, yet.

I have no trouble believing that being gay is a born thing, and it's interesting that a pattern is forming regarding brothers, but I think it's a big jump for Professor Bogaert to suggest a mechanism without any evidence at all. Antibodies are 'findable', so a 'gay causing' antibody, should anybody choose to look, would not likely be elusive. Also, an antibody produced by someone to fight a foreign object is usually largely destructive, think of organ rejection, or an autoimmune disease like lupus. Why, and how, would it get to and only target the brain? I'd expect the baby to die.
    That's my thoughts anyway.

Take care