Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New Television Documentary.../New Information

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R
    Part of the script will be Melanie and Peggy working together in our beautiful yard. Also Melanie and Peggy sitting and talking with two of our grandchildren. We were not certain about our 17 year old grandson who we talked with tonight. His response was I love my grandfather unconditionally no matter what he is wearing. The granddaughter, age 24, has spent a lot of time with Melanie and enjoys sharing femininity.

Hugs,

Melanie
    One other thought... avoid using the "third person" in the documentary. It's hard to explain but it can come across not so well. For example that last line could read instead:

My granddaughter, age 24, has spent a lot of time with me en femme, and enjoys sharing femininity.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Hi Melanie

I think it is great and look forward to watching it when it airs. I am sure we will all be 'abuzz' once it airs!

Sounds like a very good start with what you have shared. Nothing to add other than good luck and have a great time.

Hi Melanie, I know othersa have made many suggestions. But would you please let the viewers know that we are just regular people. Their co-workers, neighbors and good friends. Just regular people...BJ

Aspiring Member

show

Melanie,
    I think showing that CDers are quite "normal" people aside of their CDing. We are not (usually) gay or sex perverts. Aside from CDing we are good fathers, husbands and are active in community and (some) church. We don't go out trolling for hookups and are not pedifiles. Anything you can do to improve what the public would think of CDers since most only see the idiots on Springer and some on the internet selling sex pics!
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by michellecd9999
    Melanie,
    I think showing that CDers are quite "normal" people aside of their CDing. We are not (usually) gay or sex perverts. Aside from CDing we are good fathers, husbands and are active in community and (some) church. We don't go out trolling for hookups and are not pedifiles. Anything you can do to improve what the public would think of CDers since most only see the idiots on Springer and some on the internet selling sex pics!
    Michelle
    The documentary "The Secret Lives of Women - Being Married to a Crossdresser" will be one hour and will air in the Fall on WE. In addition to Peggy and Melanie, a young couple in their 20's with a baby and a couple in their 50's and us old folks in our 60's will be featured. The script is to show all three couples as the couples next door. The emphasis will be on explaining the difference between sex and gender and that crossdressing is the external manifestation of the internal high level of femininity in the three "men" who cross gender lines. The film crew will follow us around as we shop, eat at home and out, go to church, attend support meetings and visit with family members. Obviously one hour is only enough time for the tip of the icebeg. Hopefully this show will lead to other national shows such as Oprah and Dr. Phil producing quality shows on the topic of crossdressing. To date the producers have only been interested in transsexuals.

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Melanie!

This is BEAUTIFUL! What an opportunity! Go girl!

We have spent 5 hours so far with the producer working on the script for the segment which will feature Peggy and Melanie. All of the suggestions made by all of you will be incorporated into the script. Beginning next Wednesday they will begin 30 hours of filming. It is amazing how many family members have agreed to be interviewed and how many are supportive of both of us going out on such a long limb.

Someone asked about how to order the prior shows. The Secret Wardrobe DVD should be available from MSNBC. I had said HBO. It is MSNBC that produced and aired this documentary.

Melanie

2 cents worth

Melanie R,

Thank you for all you and your bride are doing. If my guess is correct, your wife's book was a tremendous breakthrough in helping my wife understand more about who I am. (It's nice not to be alone.)

Since this is airing on the WE network, the audience is primarily female. This will need a strong emphasis on your wife's point of view and her acceptance and understanding. If too much emphasis is placed on yourself and dressing, then Barnum and Bailey will win.

Can't wait to see it.

Love,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    FYI, for those of you who are curious about the show, other episodes are currently airing. You can find the schedule here.

It's an hour-long show, done an "in their own words" style without narration, just the occasional title card to help fill in contextual info. Usually there are 3-4 people profiled, although the episode on a TS focused on a single individual.

BTW, people might find the show on a lesbians who came out late in life interesting. (IIRC from the show something like 1 in 6 lesbians come out after age 40.) They faced many of the same dilemmas that many of the people here face in regards to coming out to family and friends.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD
    Melanie R,

Thank you for all you and your bride are doing. If my guess is correct, your wife's book was a tremendous breakthrough in helping my wife understand more about who I am. (It's nice not to be alone.)

Since this is airing on the WE network, the audience is primarily female. This will need a strong emphasis on your wife's point of view and her acceptance and understanding. If too much emphasis is placed on yourself and dressing, then Barnum and Bailey will win.

Can't wait to see it.

Love,

Colleen
    From what we have seen of the script so far, the emphasis will be on Peggy's acceptance and understanding. The show will highlight her books and what we do in the community. Thats a lot more interesting than just Melanie. The filming next Wednesday will be 3 hours with Peggy and a shorter time with Mel. Melanie is filmed May 23 and 24th.

Hugs,

Melanie

New Information On The Documentary

Women's Entertainment, the WE channel, is producing a documentary on Women Married to Crossdressers in their "The Secret Lives of Women" series. Filming has been completed with two couples and Peggy and Melanie are scheduled for three days of filming to begin next week. The producer has asked us to help them locate several wives who would be willing to be interviewed for the documentary. They are seeking any wives (who
    would participate in the program) who are having a more difficult time accepting their husband's crossdressing, but are trying to understand and/or any wives who love and accept their husband's crossdressing, but choose not to ever see their partner dressed as a woman? The production company will come to the home of these volunteers for the filming.

Please contact us immediately if you know of possible volunteers for this documentary which will air in the Fall. Contact me by private email.

Thanks.

Melanie

If they are willing to travel 2,000 miles due north, email me.

Melanie,

How did the filming go?

Robyn

Haley Pink~
    Ok, here goes.

1. Proper acceptance by Wives, keeping a marriage together.
    2. Family values and cross dressing.
    3. Children in a marriage, Grand Children etc.
    4. Family, Friends and Neighbors.
    5. Going out and doing the marketing, shopping etc.
    6. Religion, Going to Church etc.
    7. Divorce and the family separated.
    8. Coming out to SO’s the proper way
    9. Purging, Guilt
    10. Money and over spending
    11. Coming out, Being outed or Outing ones self accidentally
    12. Finding out after marriage or before.
    13. Being Honest about your life style
    14. Everyday life as a Cross Dresser 24/7
    15. Attitudes and change
    16. Laws and protection
    17. Dangers and fatalities

These are just a few that come to mind. Thanks for giving me this opportunity to contribute.
    Haley P. Kemp

Diversity

This forum, a place where there is a good representation of crossdressers, who have a place to be honest and open proves to me, we crossdressers are in and among ourselves very diverse.

In / Out.
    Hetero / Gay / Bi.
    Young / Old. Engineers / Entrepreneurs / Students / Military / Craftspeople.
    Trans/Frequent/Occasional.
    Nice / Mean / Rude.
    Convservative / Liberal
    Religious / Non religous
    Artists... you get the idea.

Even the way society sees our behavior is diverse. Some supportive, some tolerant, some distain.

We truly are just like everyone else, only more gender fulfilled. I'd try to find a way to represent that.

Hugs. Jerry

Hi Mel,

Like the others say, what a wonderful opportunity. Do you know if this wll be aired in Uk at all....i havent heard of 'womens entertainment'.

From A gg of a m2f ts....i would really like to see hte perspective of the gg explained or at least attempted. The feeling of jealousy, confusion, turmoil, questions with no answers etc. They way in which i have questioned myself and my beliefs on so many different levels.

Of all the cd/ts things ive heard and watched eg films and documentarys, they all seem to be taken from the angel of the cd themselves. It would be a breathe of fresh air for the view point of So's and family members to be considered.

Thank you for asking for our input...please please let us know how it goes.

cheery
    xx
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

pretty pretty princess

a thought

i was just wanting to throw in a thought on the 3 "men" that are in the show .will you be taking a look at their adolescent years on when they began to feel the way they do and when they came to realization with their femme sides?
    i think it's wonderful that you are doing a show on crossdressers! i've seen shows on transexualism,but not on crossdressing..please keep us posted.thaks for asking for our opinions.

thanks again,
    michelle19845

Melanie,

I missed the Secret Wardrobe. Thought it was aired on on of the gay cable channels. And did you see the Inside Edition piece on an Illinois CD and his wife. Titled "She married a Crossdresser". It actually came across very well and mater of fact. I taped it and cut an mpeg movie but its 50 meg! Trying to use some compression to reduce it. IE did try to sensationalize the introduction but the story was tasteful!! Good luck!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Melanie

Hope the show goes well

Good Luck to you both
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Do you anticipate a negative reaction to your interaction with young children? Is your church willing to go along with filming during their services?

Hi

As I live in the UK, I wont be able to see the film. But I beleive the soul destroying one goes throw when not be able to Crossdress for verious reasons, then the change in a pearson who can crossdress. Plus how acceptance is important to us And then the fact it is just the way we are born.

Look like the film should bee thre hours long with all that has to be put in to give a far account of us.

Love
    Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    Melanie,
    It actually came across very well and mater of fact. I taped it and cut an mpeg movie but its 50 meg! Trying to use some compression to reduce it. I

Love Karren
    You encoded with MPEG1/2? Try re-encoding as MPEG4/H.264.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Wow... what a great opportunity.. but I have to say, in my experience, all of the "serious" reports I've seen on crossdressing always seem to miss the mark - usually because the story is rarely more than a 3 minute segment. If I had anything to suggest, in my humble opinion, it would be this....

Show the crossdresser in an "every day" life... that the guy living next door, husband, brother, co worker or the guy standing in line at the grocery store could be a CD as well as anyone. And I agree with some of the other comments here.... there should be more focus on what its like for the SO of a CD... be honest - it's never easy - even for those who accept - all the time. there are so many issues of identity, roles, fear and confusion.... I just think all too often things are "sensationalized" or at least don't really take into account the feelings of those who might suddenly find themselves living with a CD.

I only speak from my own experience, knowing what pain and heart ache it can cause, when all we want, as CDs, is acceptance.

It is indeed, a tricky situation.