• This section is called 'Ask the GG's' I don't want NON GG's answering

27 27.27%
  • None of the above, please post why.

5 5.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from this section?? 'Ask The GG's'

What do you want from this section?? 'Ask The GG's'

Right now, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get a concensus from everyone what to do with this section. Rather than tell you all what everyone thinks this section should be about, I'm asking you to please vote on the poll and/or post your views. This poll will run for a week and at the end of the week, the highest vote is how this section shall be ran.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 04-24-2006 at 12:37 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I think that this is a great section. The questions should be serious questions related to relationships etc. Lets leave the panty and bra questions in the mtf section as we can always respond if we would like there. I don't mind non gg responsed if they have relavent expirences to share. Kitty

Well I've voted!

My presumption of this area was an opportunity for all us men who like to dress en femme to be able to ask a real woman their perspective or opinion on matters that can assist us in some way.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that we have unique access to GG's who are willing to do this, even if sometimes they offer an opinion that we would rather not hear.

I am impressed at the honesty with which these ladies respond to our questions and would like it to continue.

I don't understand why there was a need for this section anyway. If someone asks a question and a GG has wisdom then why didn't they share it anyway in the MtF section? And if they were answering anyway....then why the need for a seperate section?

I have just realised, poll #1 and poll #5 are more or less the same... doh.. so those will be added together at the end.
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    I don't understand why there was a need for this section anyway. If someone asks a question and a GG has wisdom then why didn't they share it anyway in the MtF section? And if they were answering anyway....then why the need for a seperate section?
    Because even if a member poses a question for ONLY GG's to answer, everyone else answers anyway because and because this section was requested... obviously it seems to be a waste of time, it's just ended up a subsection of the MTF forum.
    Administrator

As I understand the section to have been...it was only to have the GG's respond to questions that were asked of them. It was not designed to have non-GG's answer the questions so why do they continue to do so?

Exclamation If you wanted non GG's why post here

IMHO this section should be for GG's to respond only. The idea was to ask a GG not another CD. If you had wanted input from a CD then post it in the MTF or FTM section. If a non GG wants to add their two cents they are free to PM the person who posted.

Why a separate section in the first place? I have a life and I don’t always have the time nor the luxury to wade through the BS to find the post put out there by someone who wants my input, advise or help. I would like to be available to help anyone but spending countless hours wading through it all to find you is ridiculous. Now do you get it?

If someone wants both GG and non GG advise then put a notice here with a link and we will find you that way. That way no one gets their panties in a bunch. Now excuse me. My panties are all bunched up. :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineRenee
    As I understand the section to have been...it was only to have the GG's respond to questions that were asked of them. It was not designed to have non-GG's answer the questions so why do they continue to do so?
    Suppose I have something of relevance to say, from my past experience with GG's? Shouldn't I have a right to express an opinion if it's applicable?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    Suppose I have something of relevance to say, from my past experience with GG's? Shouldn't I have a right to express an opinion if it's applicable?
    Yes Sharon...but then it defeats the purpose of the section doesn't it if it is only supposed to be for GG's to respond. If that's going to be the case then why have the section at all then?

Yes Sharon...but then it defeats the purpose of the section doesn't it if it is only supposed to be for GG's to respond. If that's going to be the case then why have the section at all then?
    The purpose of this forum is so that threads addressed to GG's don't get buried in the MtF section by countless other threads. It allows our GG members to more easily locate them.

My wife is no longer with me to respond to a question, but I feel comfortable enough to answer for her. So, why can't I?

Julie in all honesty some of the questions maybe be overlooked because they are sandwiched between pantie and bra threads or a lot of the gg's may not even poke their head in that section. So by having a specific section to ask a gg they are more likely to get a response from a gg. Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    The purpose of this forum is so that threads addressed to GG's don't get buried in the MtF section by countless other threads. It allows our GG members to more easily locate them.

My wife is no longer with me to respond to a question, but I feel comfortable enough to answer for her. So, why can't I?
    Ok Sharon...I'll play. Well...then it's perfectly ok with me if it's ok with Tamara and the other mods.

I agree with Sharon.

Although the Q was intended for GG input, if relavant info from a non-GG might be considered helpful, then I see nothing wrong with answering.

That is the purpose of the forum after all. To help.
    DonnaT

Platinum Member
    ok ask the gg's is a good idear as far as i can see ... the mtf forum is like everyone can post a reply to the question ...what i can see and i said it before have this section like the personials section modarated meening a post here would not go up as a question if it could be done in a outher forum ... pending the question being approived as being with in the guide lines ... it should get sent to the gg fourm for answering by the gg's then closed after a time say a week then returned here so the answred question could be viwed... if someone wants all persons here to respond then the mtf forum or what ever forum the question falls in thay should ask there...if we go with everyone answering the question then are we realy asking just the gg's or are we asking the whole forum to reply????

and if we are asking all persons to reply then we are by forum rules posting that question in the wrong forum.....when we put it in the ask the gg's forum...
    Last edited by Wendy me; 04-24-2006 at 01:55 PM.

Stick by your guns Chistine!! This Section should be for GG's answers only, and if a topic is there that a CDer wants to respond too take it back in part to the Open Forum MtF, FtM, The Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark GG
    IMHO this section should be for GG's to respond only. The idea was to ask a GG not another CD. If you had wanted input from a CD then post it in the MTF or FTM section. If a non GG wants to add their two cents they are free to PM the person who posted.

Why a separate section in the first place? I have a life and I don’t always have the time nor the luxury to wade through the BS to find the post put out there by someone who wants my input, advise or help. I would like to be available to help anyone but spending countless hours wading through it all to find you is ridiculous. Now do you get it?

If someone wants both GG and non GG advise then put a notice here with a link and we will find you that way. That way no one gets their panties in a bunch. Now excuse me. My panties are all bunched up. :evil:
    Right On Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark GG
    No I don't get it.

It is a site for everyone. I don't see that it should be structured for ease of use by busy GGs. I too have to "wade through the BS to find the post put out there by someone who wants my input, advise or help." And yet there is not a "Threads Julie York might be interested in" section. All you would need to look for amongst the panty theads is a post saying "For the GGs".

Also, let's look at the REAL problem here (and the reason this section has had some irrelevant posts). Most CDs would quite happily post to GGs and talk to them all day just for a feeling of acceptance and the feeling of being "one of the girls" regardless of how dumb the question is. Just to 'make contact'. So you're going to get flooded with stuff and the rest of the forum will suffer accordingly. It will , in effect, create a Problem Page for CDs...."Ask the GGs [a REAL woman! Wow!] anything to make you feel accepted!" instead of a crossdressers forum.

Also, there was a post here earlier with 56 looks, that not one person answered because it was in this section. It had been looked at by 56 people. No-one even said hello because it was a 'hot' subject for GGs to deal with. Wouldn't it be sensible for everyone to be able to offer an opinion and the poster to have the option to take from the replies what they will. Even if it was "Hello".
    Last edited by Julie York; 04-24-2006 at 02:59 PM.

Ah-May-Lee
    I think there should be a “Ask the gay guy” section, for cds who have questions about their sexuality.

Think about it. There are many Cds at this site that constantly ask if they are gay or why are Cds considered gay or worries that they might also be gay. Well, If this forum had a “ask the gay guy” section, many Cds can have their worst fears laid to rest. They can have the resident gay guy help them with their fears about gayness and the horrors it brings. This resident gay guy will aid the straight CD, to make sure he isn’t lured into the gay trap and become a homosexual. This is a great fear to the straight CD and the “gay guy” could help the straight cd remain on the right path in life.

It makes sense, there are more questions and concerns about being labeled gay by the Cds here at the forum that a section to ease their fears would come in handy. It would be a shame if a straight CD didn’t have this support and one day became a gay man, just because we didn’t have the right section for him to post in. And as a gay guy, we have enough members in our club, we don’t need any straight Cds to join us, we don’t have room for any more members.

My opinion: We are all the same in this forum. We seem to be sectioning things a bit too much. I can understand some types of sectioning like subject matter, but these new sections are sectioned off for certain types of people and this leaves people left out and some are confused as where to post their questions. I agree with what Julie said also.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    I have just realised, poll #1 and poll #5 are more or less the same... doh.. so those will be added together at the end.
    Isn't #3 the same also?
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

No I don't get it.

It is a site for everyone. I don't see that it should be structured for ease of use by busy GGs. I too have to "wade through the BS to find the post put out there by someone who wants my input, advise or help." And yet there is not a "Threads Julie York might be interested in" section. All you would need to look for amongst the panty theads is a post saying "For the GGs".

Also, let's look at the REAL problem here (and the reason this section has had some irrelevant posts). Most CDs would quite happily post to GGs and talk to them all day just for a feeling of acceptance and the feeling of being "one of the girls" regardless of how dumb the question is. Just to 'make contact'. So you're going to get flooded with stuff and the rest of the forum will suffer accordingly. It will , in effect, create a Problem Page for CDs...."Ask the GGs [a REAL woman! Wow!] anything to make you feel accepted!" instead of a crossdressers forum.

Also, there was a post here earlier with 56 looks, that not one person answered because it was in this section. It had been looked at by 56 people. No-one even said hello because it was a 'hot' subject for GGs to deal with. Wouldn't it be sensible for everyone to be able to offer an opinion and the poster to have the option to take from the replies what they will. Even if it was "Hello".
    Obviously, you don't get it.
    And I find your snotty tone and remarks offensive.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Breanne
    Isn't #3 the same also?
    No, this means I set it up so members can post a thread but not reply to any other threads, only the GG's will be able to do this.

Anyway, I've put the 'ask the gg's' on ice until this poll is done. When a decision has been made in 7 days, we'll decide what to do with it then.
    Administrator

If there is an "Ask the GGs" section, then it is up to the GGs to answer or not. Otherwise the subforum should be called "Ask the community" or "Male to Female Crossdressing" as it is called now. The justification for a "Ask the GGs" section would be that there are certain questions (might be only a few) only GGs are able to answer due to their own experiences and their point of view. Of course silly questions like "How does it feel to wear a bra ?" or "How does it feel to be pregnant ?" would fall in this category too, but I think the section should be devoted to relationship, acceptance, family issues etc.

I voted for #3 because with #1 and #5 it will most likely occur that non-GGs will answer (forums work like this; independent of the rules or announcements). Everybody who likes to get answers from the whole community can post in the MTF or FTM section.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTG's~SO
    Obviously, you don't get it.
    And I find your snotty tone and remarks offensive.
    Why? My comments were not meant to be "snotty". Why were they offensive?

Platinum Member
    just a note how ever you think this should or should not be done this thread is for talking abought it....and we should express our opions in a positive way ....that is to say be to the point on what you have to say ...and respecte the outhers opions ... bashing or getting into a pissing war is not the intent of this thread .... so please stay on topic and respecte outhers opions as you would also like them to do yours.....