Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do i do this?

I know why I do this. It is because I love the way I look when I am finished dressing. Then I love the experience of being in the world and presenting as myself as a woman!

I too know why I do this. I am addicted to femininity. I enjoy sleeping in a nightie and panties. I also enjoy dressing from head to toe in femme attire so that I can present myself in public as a well dressed woman, which my wife and I do frequently.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

The joy and sensation of being able to experience some level of femininity, at least on a superficial level, keeps me an active crossdresser. I would never want to stop, I believe I am the better person for it.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I do it because it helps with His (OG body owner) depression. For Him it's like trial version of death. He just fades away from existence and has peace for at least few hours and I take charge of everything that's needed to be done. And that's including morning yoga and soon some workout (I'm not fully recovered from a flu, so I have to postpone this still a bit). I also did some chores he avoided for weeks and I keep the kitchen and apartment cleaner and tidier.
    We are two separate persons. Only downside is, that we have only one income (His) we have to support Him as well as my shopping for clothes and shoes and soon make-up.

I don't know why I do this, and I just don't care. It would be nice to have an answer so I could explain it to my wife.

But to take an alternative view, why doesn't everyone do it.

There is one theory, or at least a postulate, as to why some people do it, and it's developmental, but not genetic.

When the embryo / fetus develops, different things happen in a timeline. All embryos start as female and then they differentiate into male and female (or intersex) The gonads develop (or at least begin to develop) in the first trimester and subsequently become fixed. The brain develops during the second trimester. If for some reason there is "too much" estrogen (or not enough testosterone) in the second trimester, the brain develops more feminine characteristics, to some greater or lesser degree. So there is a physiological reason for gender dysphoria: male gonads, female brain.

Once this happens, a ticking time bomb is created just waiting for the right conditions to make it (or allow it) to go off.

While some people believe God made man and then God made woman, God also made intersex. I remember reading about a biological "man" who had a lot of feminine behavior. He went to the doctor for a routine ultrasound to check on kidney stones. When he was getting the ultrasound done, even the medical technician could identify female parts in "his" abdomen. In effect, his feminine behavior was the result of provable "estrogen poisoning". Who's to say we all don't have a little bit of that going on.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    One night last week we were walking in the mall and it was warm outside. My wife asked me why I was pulling up my pants all the time and why I was wearing long jeans in that warm weather. I told her I was wearing long jeans because I'm was wearing pantyhose and I was pulling up my pants because the pantyhose are control top and they tighten my waist and the silkiness make my pants slip down. Her next comment was why do I do this to myself and not just dress comfortable.
    I told her that's a great question and explains where my mind is, I have to do what I have to do at any price and any discomfort. I told her I guess life would be to easy and boring if I didn't have these feelings, in which she answered one thing for sure our life is very interesting with my little habit. I guess we are all in the same boat.

Maria, I know exactly what you are saying. This happens to me as well, but I still love wearing pantyhose under my pants or nylon panties under my shorts.

Like most of us, I have been trying to find the answer for years. There are some theories tha t speculate that a predisposition to crossdressing occurs in the womb. Who knows for sure. However, I believe that to a certain degree, the behavior is self taught and is addictive. Many of us enjoyed a good feeling thrill when we put on our first item of women?s apparel. And because it felt so good, we had an urge to repeat the act. And then, similar to addictive drugs, we needed more and more to sustain the ?high?. I started with panties but soon found out that panties and a bra were better. Then started adding other lingerie and stockings and eventually outerwear. The ?high? is not what it was some decades ago e but the enjoyable feelings are still there.

I know in my case my MoM had terrible rheumatoid arthritis, which while she was pregnant with me took barbituates regularly. Having done a lot of research in that area I've learned that women who took barbituates while pregnant and had boys, those boys mostly wanted to be girls.

I know growing up I was convinced when I hit puberty I would turn into a girl. When that didn't happen I was surprised and disappointed, but not defeated. I went forward expressing my girl side every chance I got, while realizing I needed to keep it all to myself. This was during the 60's where if you were gay or trans you got bullied. I know you still get bullied but this was post 50's style bullying. I was pretty good at keeping it a secret, only sharing it with two girlfriends, both who supported me and kept it under wraps at the same time.

Those explorations convinced me to keep Sylph in my consciousness, where she's been my whole life.
    Last edited by SylphDevine; Yesterday at 06:48 AM.
    To wear pants is human, to crossdress is Divine!