Thread: Big changes ahead!!

Big changes ahead!!

Looks like it's been a while since I posted here so it's time for an update. My previously unaccepting wife has now come around to accepting that my transition is inevitable, for the better, and will start soon. A couple weeks ago I was offered by my PCP at the VA to start HRT. However, I pay a co-pay there and have great private insurance so my private insurance PCP (separate from that at the VA) has referred me to an endocrinologist who I will meet with this Friday. Hopefully, that will go smoothly and I will be able to start HRT with my private insurance (which does cover it with no co-pay if prescribed in 90 day fills). If there is any slow walking of starting HRT through this endocrinologist I will just message my VA PCP to start HRT through the VA (co-pay is $5/month per prescription).
    Next up is an appointment with a urologist to revisit scheduling an orchiectomy. I have a separate diagnosis regarding chronic testicular pain so hope this will help fast track this now that I will be on HRT and the orchiectomy would also remove the need for taking spironolactone.
    Then in August I have an appointment to consult on vulvoplasty (minimal depth vaginoplasty). I hope to go this route as soon as insurance approves (most likely after 1 year of HRT). I already have met with psychologist and have letters lined up through him and his colleague.
    I'm excited about finally getting this journey started after all the years of delay.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-05-2024 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Political comments not allowed please

Outstanding and the VA is their to assist. Good luck and keep us in the loop.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Best of luck as you work through this great adventure

Hi Jessica,

Great to hear that your wife is now accepting!

Marion
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 05-05-2024 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Fancy dresses and formal events have nothing to do with transitioning.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Congratulations! I hope all goes well.

Hey Jessica… congrats on all the big things ahead for you.
    Was wondering who you contacted regarding your vulvoplasty. I’m looking to get consults and looking for any and all recommendations.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

gongratz that the mrs. is on board....just keep watch that all your vitals are in sync....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Curves ahead

bbcomps9949_bb.jpg
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by IamWren View Post
    Hey Jessica… congrats on all the big things ahead for you.
    Was wondering who you contacted regarding your vulvoplasty. I’m looking to get consults and looking for any and all recommendations.
    I plan on consulting with Dr DeLeon at the Crane Center here in Austin. Still have a ways to go before insurance authorization is possible.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Curves ahead

bbcomps9949_bb.jpg
    Definitely something that I'm cautious of. My endocrinologist, who turned out to be very supportive and has prescribed me my Spironolactone and estradiol patches, also mentioned possible emotional effects. Hope this isn't me soon:

Hormones.jpg