Thread: Coulda been an oops

Coulda been an oops

I had been planning on dressing last night all week, even knew what I would wear. Come last night , I was exhausted. I played a little guitar and we sat to watch some tv around 9. Typically, I would be fully dressed and makeup at this time had it happened. Well, my cell started ringing ( usually not good at that time or later). It was my son and his fianc? and the were up from Virginia for a last minute wedding so we didn?t know he was in town. They wanted to drop by and were 5 minutes away! So happy I didn?t dress, there would have been some splainin to do!, especially since I usually have remnants of eyeliner. I don?t know if I?ll ever reveal this part of me to my kids.

~Joss
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Funny how things work out. For the moment at least, you have been spared the explaining.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yeah. That's a close one.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Yes that was close, but at least they called in advance so you would have had a bit of a chance to escape.

I have had many of those near misses and close calls too.

How lucky!

How lucky!

Platinum Member
    That is called Devine Intervention ,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's a worry for me too! My eldest son is an adult and lives in the same city. He's never just dropped in unannounced but he could!
    If I'm completely honest it's only him (and my younger one who lives at home) that I'm worried about finding out, though I know my wife would rather that the neighbours etc don't know either and I respect that.

I have had a couple of close call like this too. I am under no illusions that one day my luck will wear out. I have run through my mind what I will say when it does, but i hope I am given the correct words when the moment arrives.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Let them know how much you appreciate the heads up before stopping by.

Joss, My wife's adult daughter lives with us, so I haven't been able to dress at home for seven years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

This sort of "could have been an oops" preys on my mind. My kids are all adults, but haven't all moved out. Eventually, they will. I recently had a span of several months where there were no kids at home. That's over now, sadly. But, during that time period I dressed for about 80% of the waking time and near 100% of sleeping time. I miss it now. I really do. I know that when the kids are eventually out for good that I will want to dress about as frequently. The concern; what happens if one of the kids pops over unexpectedly? To me, that's the only rationale I can see for ever informing the kids. Otherwise, I don't have a justification for doing so. I'll never feel comfortable dressing in front of them, even if they know. So, there's no benefit there.

When we moved to our current property we made sure to tell everyone we met NO DROP BY's!!! This was before I was dressing but we are private people and don't like to have someone just pop by unannounced. We joked with people that they could come see something that they can't unsee wink wink. Little did I know at the time I was protecting Kitty's space and allowing her to wear whatever I want without worrying about a knock at the door.

My planned dressing day was almost foiled today. Wife called from work and told me she needs to come home at noontime. Yes, she knows I dress and we have spent some time together, but I do not want to rub her nose in it. So, I was going to put the dressing off until tomorrow. But, something came up and I am free as a bird all day. Yes.

Yes a close call on your part. It?s tough explaining to your children you?re a crossdresser but in my case I did tell my son and although a bit rough in the beginning was awkward but all worked out with him. Unfortunate thing I just lost him on May 1 at 49 years old he had a massive heart attack his half brother had the same event and passed 4 years earlier. I think the worst thing is how he passed not because his dad dressed as a woman but had hip pain and had scheduled hip replacement for the 12th of May maybe he would d made it. But now at least he?s in a better place and out of pain

Sometimes we just get plain lucky.
    Crissy

Susan - that is so sad about your family losses - I?m sorry.

Susan, so very sorry to hear of your tragic losses.

Had a few of those over the years.
    Friends dropping by unexpected just as I was about to dress. Being all done up and a family member pops by. An unexpected delivery in the midst of a great photo session.
    Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !