Thread: Coming out close to home

Coming out close to home

I dress twice a month and don't remove my fingernail polish until the following morning. Several months ago I remembered I needed to get a check in the bank ASAP for my Grand Daughters rent. I planned to just use the drive up, so I went to the bank with OPI "Big Apple Red" on my nails which were almost 3/16 " beyond my finger tips.

When I got there I thought "Why don't I just go inside and show off my nails".

I went in and the clerk looked at my account total on her computer screen and she said "You need to put some of that money in a savings account. We 're paying over 4% right now!" Savings accounts had been .02% so I hadn't worried about having too much in my checking account.

I sat with her at her desk for about a half hour moving money in several accounts, opening CD's etc. and signing things on a computer screen and she didn't say a word about my nails. She said I needed to check my credit union account to see what interest they were paying.

I came back in a few days later with a check from my Credit Union Account and she said she was curious what color I would have on my nails. I didn't have color on my nails that day and explained the circumstances why I had polish that day and had come in to put money in my Grand Daughters account. I showed her a photo on my camera and she said "Is that your Grand Daughter?" I said "No, Thats me". She had to show the photo one of the other girls and then another girl saw them looking at the camera and had to come over to see.

The next time I utilized the bank I normally use while enfemme (farther from home), the teller which knows me by name, told me his wife works at the other branch and she told him about me. I said I was really thankful for her helping me and he said she really likes Laffy Taffy, so the next time I was enfemme I gave him a bag to give to her with a thank you note.

I have been to the bank closer to home enfemme and in male mode several times since then and no one acts any different to me in either mode.

Suzi Q
    Attached Images Attached Images

I work in retail and one of my FAVORITE things to do is notice the GG's nails, compliment them on the appearance, ask if gel or not and then ask if they did them themselves.

Never fails to connect with a nice female.

I regularly took public transportation to work. Once I was (en homme) sitting next to a GG who was wearing a beautiful green nail polish. I told her how unusual it was and how much I liked it. I figured I would get a thank you and that would be it. People are usually totally engaged in their devices during the commute. But she thanked me for the compliment. Then she put down her phone and with talked for the 30 minute ride. We just talked about regular stuff, noting CD related
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Suzi Q (love that name!),

Love the story! Good for you to follow through and get a little treat for the lady.
    It seems you really don't have to separate the presentations between the branches any more, that is just awesome.

Maybe it is a "Suz" thing, but I have been doing a few similar things recently, showing off my nails in public.
    Today I went out again with my long nails in a sparkly dark red polish, and had absolutely no reactions at all.
    I am not trying to make people notice them, but I am also not hiding them, just acting as I normally would, and honestly I kind of forget about them after a little while. Just not a big deal I guess.

Went to several different stores, including women's places, guy's places and the grocery store. No reactions.

My nails are a little shorter than yours, but very female and in a dark sparkly red polish, so they definitely stand out.

This mixed mode style is usually not my style, but I am beginning to like it@

I live dual, mostly separate lives in this small resort community. If I am going to the lumberyard or hardware store, I present as male, but I invariably go to my favorite restaurants and wine bars in girl-mode. I can only think of two places, one is a restaurant, the other my hairdresser, where I present in either mode depending on services required.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like you're ready to out yourself, Suzi?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

OPI Big Apple Red is one of the colors I use most.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu