Thread: I passed! Yeah Me!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I did it again today, out to several stores with very long loud pink nails, and the surprising reactions were ... nothing, again.

I was at a number of stores, including HomeDepot, Kroger, 2 different beauty supply stores and others, and even though I definitely had my nails on full display, nobody cared.

This is good, don't get me wrong, but it is not what I expected, and not what I many times have feared.

I am definitely learning some things about myself, and I am pushing some limits pretty hard, and the feedback from the world, even unspoken as it is, is You be You, we don't give a sh.. (Hoot).

I listen intently to Rhonda Jean's words with respect to having long and colored nails in male mode, and she is right, just as she is in anything else she talks about or comments on here.

And as Char and others have said, this is just becoming a normal thing for men to do. I believe it, now. I was hesitant, but my little experiment pushing that sliver of the gender line a little, definitely suggest that they are right.
    That line in the sand has been crossed a long time ago, by people far braver than I and with Rhonda being one of them, so it is a lot safer for the rest of us who identify as a Chick(en), to follow along.

So what is the next line in the sand I am going to challenge? I am not sure, maybe it is carrying a purse in male mode, maybe makeup, I am not sure. I still dont like the MIAD mode, no matter which variation of it, but I guess I am actually becoming a little more comfortable with people looking at me thinking, that guy is just not really 100% a guy, there is some girl in him too.

I kinda' like if they think that, because they would be right, and that's pretty cool.

Suzie

I admire how brave you are, and that you get no reaction wearing nail polish in male mode. I'm just to fearful to do it, except under limited circumstances.

I've gotten my nails done many times in girl mode and took them out for a spin around the block.

The only time I've done them in male mode is on the way to Keystone. My wife disapproves of my dressing, so I hardly ever leave the house en femme, and certainly when she's around. But, I always get my nails done locally before Keystone, and drive up there en homme. So I'm visible if I need to fill up the tank or stop off for a coffee or a snack. And even though I do have to show my hands paying for coffee, I hide my hands to the extent possible.

But, I usually choose a much more obvious color for my nails. My favorite is "Cherries in the Snow" by Revlon, which is a reddish fuchsia. Maybe I should try something less obvious like "It's a girl".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.