Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your wife take you shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    There is a long story about how I ended up in this DADTDETAI situation (don't ask don't tell don't even think about it).
    So it is unfortunately not that easy.
    Sounds like my wife. But she can't control what I think unless I spill what I'm thinking about..

It's actually too bad in a way. She used to be an SA in a women's retail store before we met, kind of a high-end retail store. When we met, she was actually a buyer and store manager, She even got her AA degree in "Fashion". I always find in interesting shopping with her (for men's clothes). She has an incredible color memory.

Our conversation may go like this.
    Me: "What do you think about this shirt?"
    Her: "What are you going to wear it with?"
    Me: "My blue dress pants."
    Her: It won't work. It has too much green in it.

I don't know how she does it. I used to override her decision if I really like the shirt, but she's never been wrong.

On the flip side, he style is business or business casual. Monochrome colors. I can't remember the last time she wore a dress. That's not true. She wore a dress at our wedding reception. If the wears a dress now, it's more like a "barely a dress" shirt dress. What fun is a dress if it doesn't have some interesting colors (think color block), or if there isn't some "flounce" in the dress.

I think it's more fun for me since I developed my own style.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-04-2024 at 03:56 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I won't say that my wife "takes me shopping" so much as we often do go shopping together. We often go to places like JC Penny and Kohls shopping for her (wife) but while doing that we are both on the lookout for things for Jennifer. Our tastes are a bit different (Jennifer is more flamboyant) but she gives good feedback on things.

We had a big shopping event recently where we hit two different Goodwill stores. We did that with two other couples from our CD group. Came home with a ton of stuff for both of us. Probably expanded Jennifer's closet by double. I think I've got enough different outfits now for the next couple of years of group meetings, which is the only time Jennifer goes out.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

We go shopping together. Nothing for Natalie though. But I do get asked my opinion on every piece she picks up and tries on. I have even been in the dressing room with her.

When we shop, I casually go through the racks of dresses in my size to see if there is a special piece I want. So far, I have nothing to show for it.

That would be something if I insist on a dress to buy when we are out together. But I did get a formal strapless gown once in a used/vintage clothing store. I had to carry it around Fresno Theater District for a while to get it back to my car. I have sold it since. I could not keep it up, not enough boobs.

My wife takes me shopping online once in a while (I usually don't dress for the occasion) when I need help to find specific items for my female wardrobe. Last time was this evening. I told her I needed a new pair of boots for my female wardrobe because the current one's faux leather is falling apart. The challenge of course is finding such articles in my size that don't look like drag or fetish things. She quickly dug out a few models for me on Amazon. The last time she did that, she found a pair of flats for my MIAD sessions (which I happened to try for the first time this evening as she offered me to do such a session). She does it casually in apparence, but in reality the matter of my dressing isn't easy for her. She does it to make me feel accepted and I am very grateful for that.

She doesn't t take me shopping per se but we shop together mostly for her.

But if I see something i like or I want we purchase it.

She seems to want my opinion on her purchases also.
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 05-04-2024 at 01:08 PM.

Platinum Member
    Ween we go shopping myWife picks some Tops and maybe a skirt or Pants pants ,

and I will pick out 1 or 2 Pretty tops or a Skirt,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

eight characters
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 05-12-2024 at 10:42 PM.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Aspiring Member
    Sure she does, she helps me in any and every way possible to make me feel whole and complete, funny she got a bra from a store and ask me to try it on and see if I like it when we got home and I didn't like that style, when I was in Michigan she took me into a store and we bought a few items just for me, I have an absolutely gorgeous Wife she is from Wisconsin, she always buy me things i like, sometimes she would ask if I need anything in a store, I like buying Bras with her we can use the same change room its fun.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

My wife loves to shop and with me ironically I do not. Because it takes so long and its hard to sift thru stuff that will work. Considering doing it dressed to see if I like that better, but as of to date I?ve only been out once?driving from Las Vegas to home?was crazy nervous the entire time. The wifes good w/it… Im the nervous one.

Yes, she likes to shop w/me.

I told my wife about 30 yrs ago?hardest thing I had ever done up until that time. I was 22 yrs old…she was 20. She thought it was cute, but didn?t really understand the extent of it…NEITHER of us did and I had up until that point never done it (other than the occasional - mom goofy stuff or whatever - knew I wanted it but never did it or acted out?almost entirely out of fear). It was all about Hair for me always wanted to grow it but never did. About 10 years after we were married, my wife told me (after some frustrated work stuff) that it was high time I tried it so we did and I maybe tried it a couple times over the next five or so years?so after 15 years of marriage and almost 35 yrs old I had never really done it?the dressing for me was all in an effort to complete the hair experience?which may seem silly, but that?s what it was. Since I was sorta freaked out (irrationally I?m sure) about ever being caught or even having it known that I would fancy something like this?my wife was less concerned and just didnt worry about me pushing any unacceptable boundaries that would up end things for our family

Sometime around my 39th birthday, my wife took things into her own hands. She bought me a bunch of clothes and a wig. We used water balloons for the boobs and she was surprised by our work. This opened things up a bit and for the next 10 yrs I dressed more sometimes a couple times a week sometimes once a month. I purchased some forms and some hips. When Covid happened I finally did what I always wanted to do grow the hair (I?ve been blessed with strong healthy locks) get this…grew it past the awkward phase TWICE before succumbing to pressures (mostly self-created) to cut it.

Cutting it the 2nd time was one of the saddest moments of my life (yes, I realize there are much more serious issues with people (health concerns, etc) so I have nothing truly to complain about. But regardless, I was miserable. I had it long enough to braid, put it into fun updos, had curlers, pigtails and the works just loved it. Ive owned some nice cars and have some hobbies, but my wife knows that nothing is more enjoyable to me than having long hair (crazy isnt it!). To make matters worst the 2nd time as we more officially came out of Covid I started a new job and my boss hearing I had long hair, asked me, Why did you cut it?! And well this was also the very first time I had ever trashed all of my clothes. My wife and I have an amazing relationship, but something felt off I made a rash decision and purged! My wife was PISSED. Pissed that I threw away a lot of valuable stuff (including my BF Store Gold Classics (which were pretty much done anyway) my hips and everything else. At the time I welcomed the move to doing this…but she was ticked.

I believe there is a line to this entire CD business…a line that is marred by a lot of unbalance in some cases.and I was concerned about this. My wife spent the next year or so reminding me of what I did and how lame it was. Everytime she did, it was a sucker punch and just made me angry. Even thru all of this she thinks it?s important for me to dress?I think it?s important to be ok w/myself..but this isn?t easy.

I miss the long hair above all. For reasons I wont share here…it is as short as it can be at the present state…but I may have more resolve now than ever before to grow it long for good. I still have the good hair, but crazy stupid and sad that I just didnt do it 30 yrs ago and leave it. I HOPE I can get there again. When its long, its very easy for me to be contempt and satisfied in a more feminine way….this is harder for me to do when it?s short.

Even though my wife frequently asks me if I want to play (get dressed) I have turned it down. There?s a bit of Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde going on and she knows it and still loves me because of my desire above all to be a good husband and father?and I do feel this way. But for the first time in a couple years it seems I am recognizing that I need to find a place for this?if I can do it and compartmentalize it.

I haven?t been dressed for a long time?that is I bought hips, some new Divine Collection forms, but I haven?t been dressed in (I think. Over a year)?I definitely haven?t had make up on in probably two years.

But I plan on that changing & my wife wants me to do it when the kids are off to school but I prefer to wait until we get out of town. She has actually suggested that one day we move somewhere far from our home where she welcomes and even suggest that I try a little more full-time. This puzzles me, because she loves my masculine self too and everything that goes w/it but she thinks that I will only be whole if Im fully honest w/myself. Not necessarily coming out of the closet as a CD…but just doing it and maybe being more public about it in a place where noone knows me….so she suggest it but I think Id more likely chicken out. I feed off of her mood…so if shes having fun…its possible

So Ill be back for more…I think.

Plan A: Grow the hair back!
    While also starting to dress w/wig (which I don?t like)

Plan B: There isnt a Plan B lets do this.

I couldnt believe I actually purged when I did two years ago after doing no such thing for so long and seeing/reading all of the regret here. But well, its complicated.

Anyway?.this is a long reintroduction sort of post?but yes, my wife is all in?.bless her! I still wonder just how much she loves me for it or tolerates it because she loves me. It?s probably somewhere down the middle. I realize above all that I must be ok w/it.

Good luck and even if your SO?s aren?t down w/it respect them?be cool (put yourself in their shoes (figuratively this time :-) ) and see how hard this must be?.and even if they like it?be smart, be respectful and don?t push it.
    Last edited by DTelia; 05-14-2024 at 08:17 PM.

My wife is the world's worst shopper. She can go out for hours & come home with nothing. Couldn't find anything she liked.I was out with her recently & virtually made her buy a few things she liked. I could have bought loads of things for me but I tend to buy online from stores I know will fit me, I find I can choose things I really want. We have similar taste & pass unwanted items to each other which works out well for us both.