Thread: Closet Shopping

Closet Shopping

My wife & I are in the process of moving. We are making three piles of things - Keep / Donate / Trash. This sorting includes our clothes. I donated a bunch of guy clothes that I no longer wear or wanted. My wife took a bunch of her stuff out of her side of the closet. She let me go shopping through the blouses to see what I might want for myself. I took several tops out of the pile. My wife even went as far as suggesting how a certain top would go great with black leggings. This all brought tears to my eyes.

The rest of what my wife pulled out from her side of the closet was donated to a friend that wears clothes that are the same size as what she was wearing and is currently looking for a job. I donated my stuff to Goodwill. We both believe in helping others whenever we can. If someone can get use out of our old things, including clothes then we consider it a win for everyone. My wife has always been my best helper. She has helped me in so many ways and so many times over the years. I am so proud of my wife and everything she does. First in regard to what she does for herself and secondly what she does for me.

After suggesting that black leggings would go with a certain blouse that I took, my wife said that we could try MIAD after we move into our new home and get settled in. We have talked about this in the past after seeing it mentioned on here, but I was not ready to try it. She said that this is only if I wanted to try it. We both agreed that if I was ready to try it that we would take it easy to start with. It would only be clothes that we both agreed with, like just a woman's tee shirt and leggings. I am not sure about doing it this at this time, but maybe down the road I will.

My wife is still trying to understand why I feel the need to do this. She wants me to be happy because she loves me so much. She wants to be involved and have me talk freely about it so she can better understand it. I have been trying to do this, but I have to change old habits of hiding. I truly love my wife and I know that she truly loves me.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

That sounds like good progress. Before making a decision whether or not to go Maid I think you have certain things to consider.

Your new neighbours. You could go Maid from day one and present them with this is what your new neighbour is and see what happens or give yourself time to scout the land and make a decision upon what the social vibe is. Finding yourselves, there's two of you who could be adversely effected, with an antagonistic neighbour isn't the start to your new lives you'd ideally want.

I hope all is good for you both and you're able to bring your plans to fruition but perhaps this is one time baby steps would be called for.

Hi Deborah, glad that you are making progress. Treading cautiously is key, as that thing is difficult for our wives. In my own experience the most important was to make the thing stable and predictable so my wife would not be taken by surprise or wondering where this would stop. As she gained confidence that I wasn't having pink fog outbreaks or trying to break boundaries, she took some initiatives on her side and I tried to make sure that she was the one proposing things, not me, so this would all go at her own pace (which doesn't mean that you can't discuss boundaries once in a while. In my particular case I didn't need to).
    MIAD is a good way to do this together, as it is not brutal. My wife had the idea, myself I didn't imagine ever dressing in front of her, at most maybe showing her a picture one day if she asked for it. It's a different experience than the full nines, the nice aspect is the sharing of the experience, doing it as a couple and sending a lot of love both ways.
    Good luck to you two.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Deborah, If any of us understand why we do this, we would be the smartest psychologist on the planet. I gave up long ago trying to determine why I dress, so I don't think you'll every be able to tell your wife why. Just be happy with her acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You have a supportive wife - that's good no matter what the future holds

What does MIAD stand for?

MIAD = Man In A Dress
    It is used to describe the crossdressing style where males dress in womens clothes, but not attempting to look like a woman. So, no wig, makeup, padding, breast forms and so on.

Thank you. I thought that's what it meant. That's what my wife and I do.

My wife allows me to underdress when we go out anywhere but at home I can dress in women's outward. She asks that I wear her things to keep costs down and reserve closet space