Thread: Why is Crossdressing so relaxing? Is it Ok to do everyday? Thanks :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I dress every day. At home, I would estimate I'm dressed about 65% of the time not including being just underdressed which I am 100% of the time. Example: Last night I changed from drab to femme at 8 p.m. I only had a wig, lipstick, and earrings on from about 11 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. when I went to bed at which time I swapped the dress for a nightie. I got up at 7:30 a.m., had breakfast, and then bathed about 8 a.m. That's 12 hours. When I got dressed after bathing, I had to leave home and was underdressed with panties, lace bralette with A/B forms, and thigh high nylons. I got home about 10 a.m. and did some outside work in the yard until noon - all the while underdressed. At noon I came in the house and changed out of my drab clothes, put on a shirt dress, my DD forms, and 3 bracelets. About 2 p.m. the DD forms get removed, the bracelets come off, and back on with my drab slacks and golf shirt. I'll get home about 5:30. I will likely not change back into a dress, etc. until about 7:30 after dinner. So, from 8 p.m. last night until 8 p.m. tonight I will be dressed about 15 hours = 62.5% of that 24 hours. If I do change back into a dress at 5:30, that would be 17 hours = 70% of those 24 hours.

As an aside, my wife was gone most of the morning and didn't return home until a few minutes after I donned the shirt dress and my DD forms. When she saw me, I believer her exact words were, "Oh, you've got your little dress on. Why so early?" The "little dress" reference is to this shirt dress that is also referred to as a tunic top. Anyway, my simple response was I had been working hard outside and I just wanted to relax for a while. I am so thankful I have free reign of when I want to cross dress and how often. The only rules are family and friends are not to find out. Another consideration is my wife prefers not to see me with wig and makeup on. While I am cognizant of that, there are times (rare) that she does see me in full makeup and a wig as well as just lipstick and a wig.

I believe the reason why it is so relaxing is because most of us who cross dress likely feel more "at home" in our feminine clothes. I know I simply like the feel of the fabric, the style choices, and the internal feelings of femininity that I experience. I only wish I could cross dress 24/7. I've no desire (that I'm aware of) to transition; but, to be able to "portray" a woman 24/7 would be pure ecstasy.

Is it okay to cross dress every day? You betcha it is unless you have a wife/SO who is adamantly opposed. Then it's time to negotiate when and where you're able to enjoy doing so.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

As relaxing as dressing can be, it also creates stress by the fear of being caught. I guess it depends on how much you care if you're caught, of course. There are many on here who would be devastated if discovered and others who are 100% out and don't care. Where are you on the scale?

I dress every day, though not entirely for professional reasons. I'm not concerned with being caught as all my coworkers, wife and friends know about me. Haven't told the kids or my wife's family, per her request, but it is likely they suspect.

relaxing. I just cannot do it all the time & still need a 95% to fully cross-dress and let Vanessa out! but do manage to wear panties everyday and non-padded bras when I get home from work. It's a distraction from every day's tasks. Whish I could do it more and more and more often but not possible, happy with what I have accomplished... today bought my very first make-up set (a treasure kept on my safe!), no idea how to use it but I am very existed! My mother used to say: life is a box full of surprises, enjoy it!

I just feel more comfortable, dressed femme. Underdressed, fully dressed, somewhere in between; it doesn't really matter.

Yes, for me it puts me in the here and now. Everything else past and future thoughts melt away when I'm dressed. Having said that I don't think I could do it everyday. It may lose it's magic otherwise

Welcome to the forum Alyssa! It's definitely good to do it every day if you can, and for me the reason why dressing is so relaxing is probably because I wear romantic lingerie to bed almost every night. Nothing more relaxing than slipping into beautiful lingerie.

I have been dressing almost every day for a couple years. Just don't let it take over the things you need to do that you can't do dressed.

Yes, there are things I do where I have to wear trousers such a replacing roof shingles and running wires through the attic. And yes, sometimes I wear a man's coat and tie outfit on Sunday mornings. Otherwise I wear dresses the great majority of the time.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

IMHO it's OK to dress as often as you want. It just depends on what you are comfortable with.