So recently I have been debating my name. In getting started I wanted a name that was cute but different yet not too different as I am not trying to be someone else. No big leap here my male name is Andrew. Actually it’s George Andrew but I have never liked George and since before I can remember I was called Andrew. My parents put George as my first name after my Grandfather, who oddly always went by his middle name Archie, in an attempt to get him to pay for my college. Since his passing I made my signature G. Andrew ******* in his memory. But I digress. Ever since college, when we had 3 Andrew’s in the same class I took on the nickname Drew. At the time Andy was too cute and I was affraid it would out me at a time when I was really trying to just fit in. I did however like Drew because it was a bit more masculine while it made me feel like I could still hold onto a little femininity because of one of my favorite female rebels Drew Barrymore. So I allready confuse all my co-workers, friends, and extended family asking to be called Drew when my name is G. Andrew and to now throw Andy at them when I come out later this month I feel is a bit to much. Frankly I am still happy with Drew and it is who I am. Which makes me feel like I have just answered my own question. Also if I ever go this far and legally change my name I have decided to go Andrea Georgia *******. After all I don’t hate Andrew as a name but if I get that far I will change it to be more feminine as well as feminizing the George to still honor and keep that piece of grandpoppy with me.

Anyhoo I want to put this out to all you wonderfully supportive women. What do you think? Andy or Drew?