Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we feel compelled to public

Why do we feel compelled to public

I go in public as Penny because this female part of me has worth. I need to for that to be acknowledged, therefor I need to be noticed as a female and
    dress as such. At the same time, I don't want to be examined because this threatens my worth. Besides all of thrills, pleasures and so
    on, I know that is social unacceptable behavior in the eyes of most.
    I would like to know what drives the rest of you to go in public and pass for a woman? Or in some instances, at least want to go?
    "Lady Fingers"

I just want to go shopping and not be laughed at.

Well, maybe theres more to it than this, but really, I am sick and tired of buying things and taking them back because I cant shop dressed. I want to be able to pass in public at least to the point that someone who is not dealing with me directly will not take notice of me.

Yes, there is a part of me that needs to be validated as a female, but I don't think that is ever actually going to happen. Not to the extent that I would like to see it happen.

I recieved a private message from a girl here in the forums, she told me that she felt I was obsessed with "Passing".

I'm not sure if obsessed is the descriptive word that I would use, perhaps "determined" would be more fitting.
    Last edited by Jennaie; 03-06-2006 at 01:18 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Simple, because I have the right!
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

No You're Not
    Because staying inside is boring, and dressing up in private makes me feel like a pervert.

Hi,

What a great way to discuss things...I feel that I have male and female qualities...some folks accept the female qualities..others are threatened.

Sometimes it just feels good to get dressed. I went to a Mardi Gras party in a pink party dress with petticoats, ear rings and all...I had a great time...I felt cute and feminine. But I also like to have my masculine side. A good balance of both.

I must admit the feminine urge takes over and then...yikes....

Nice to know there are other folks with the same desires..

Linda

Haven't gone out in public yet, but desperately want to experience the world, have the freedom to do so, dressed how I want. I think the issue is more about freedom and the feeling of liberty to be ourselves, more than anything. At least for me.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

I've debated this issue back and forth with other people. I REALLY want to go out in public "en femme," at least occasionally, but some people don't understand WHY it is so important for me to do it in public, wonder why I can't just enjoy it at home, and worry about what might happen if I DO go out in public "en femme." I have not really been able to successfully articulate exactly why I want to go out in public "en femme" so badly but I basically see it as just a natural extension of my crossdressing and my confidence thereabout. I am not seriously concerned about how well I'm able to "pass" as a woman (I'm certain I'll get "clocked" by somebody somewhere sometime no matter what) nor am I overly concerned about being harmed/harrassed about being "en femme," at least not anywhere that I normally go (i.e. mall, bookstores, music stores, coffee shops). For me, being out in public wearing what I want to wear and looking how I want to look feels very "liberating" and "enjoyable." I also enjoy feeling a little "rebellious" and "naughty" KNOWING that I'm purposefully doing something that (most) people consider to be "socially unacceptable."

While I realize that I have to be discreet about my crossdressing most of the time and that I simply can't just do it whenever wherever I want to (which I understand and accept given my personal circumstances), I also don't want to have to just shut myself away in my house all of the time either. After all, what's the point of having all of these nice dresses, skirts, jewelry, etc., if I can't "show off" occasionally?:cheeky: I mean, really, what's the point of having a $40-50(or even more expensive) dress, etc. if all I'm going to do is lounge around the house in it? Where's the fun in doing THAT all of the time?

Not a little girl
    Solitary confinement aka "the box" is one of histories most enduring punishments, from preschool (go sit in the corner) to prison.

Why would anyone want to put up with self imposed solitary confinement?

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

Working up to it.

Dressing for me is more about being able to express and feel all the femme aspects of life that as a boy growing up and as a man were "not allowed".

I've never felt that I was a woman in a man's body. I didn't feel like a man in a man's body either. I was always just me.

As Ellie I am someone else, a seperate personality, and that someone wants to get out of the house soon!

I just wanna go out in my yard as me. And do my chores wearing a Big Daddy T-shirt and a mini skirt. That is all I ask. As I know I could never pass. But, I would love to wear a t-shirt and skirt in public and not have people stand there and stare at me.

kisses, April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Personally i don't feel it is a compulsion but a natural progression once you've mastered your "look".
    Taking it to the next step, i.e going out was a really good feeling (not sexual) but a feeling of freedom finally.

Just my 0.02 worth.

Hugs Gale.
    Luv Ya! :be:

Once you go public, you can never go back.

What is the point in looking great and feeling sexy if no one can see me. Okay maybe I don't ever look great and feeling sexy may be the best I can ever do, but I spend a lot of money on dresses and outfits, and whereas I will never be able to pass successfully (in two inch heels I stand 6'5"), I still feel it is great to show off my best looks.

I have no idea why I feel compelled, but I do know that when I am out and about while en femme, I feel just about as right and righteous as I possible could. Susan

What Me Worry
    I do it because I want too. I love to be out when I am able to deel the wind on my legs and up my skirt the sound of heels clicking on a hard surface I love it so much.

I felt a need to go out since I feel that my closet was my prison. Kinda feels awkward to be the prisoner and the warden/gatekeeper at the same time.

I go out because I have the clothes, and I want to wear them.

Jodi

Probably because I hid it long enough all those years as a child. However, I don't need to be seen as a female. I would have no problem going out in a skirt sans wig and makeup.

30 years ago, when I first donned a wig my wife gave me, and made myself up, and saw how I looked in the mirror, the first thing I asked my wife was if we could go to the mall. I felt a since of freedom I guess (30 yrs ago is hard to remember but I was elated). However, my wife wouldn't let me express that freedom.
    DonnaT

I want to go out dressed because it is part of me, and i am more comfortable and relaxed in that part than dressed in drab .

For me it feels like such a natural thing to do. I have only been out a few times but it has really been enjoyable. It is something that I've just wanted and felt that I needed to do.

Victoria

If Im going to spend the time to get dressed,Make up, nails, and clothes Im going out and have fun I just cant see my self all dolled up and staying hiden.If you know where to go and know your safe zones the chances are there is not going to be any conflicts and the more you go out and the more you circlulate around other people the more you'l enjoy being you. We work so hard at being our best why not show it off just a little xxxx

Going out for me makes my crossdressing even better. It just feels sooo good. Everytime I have been out I felt amazing. It is addictive is well, the more times I go out the more I want to do it again. I do have my days were staying home is fine. But when I do go out it just feels right.
    The key to my heart is a sexy pair of heels.

"She is everything to me
    The unrequited dream
    A song that no one sings
    The unattainable
    Shes a myth that I have to believe in
    All I need to make it real is one more reason"...SlipKnot

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Because I got tired of being all dressed up with no place to go.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

It give me a buz

I've wonder why I step out enfemme and the only answer I can give myself is that it gives me a buz and turns me on..

x

Jayne
    England does have Roses

While I never felt exactly "compelled," I did, in the past, feel an interest in dressing in public. I did this a few times--usually in places where CDs are tolerated or even appreciated (e.g., 'mixed' bars), and that seemed to satisfy the urge.

A hypothesis I have about this is that the inner female has developmental needs, just as the male does. And one of this is to acquire some degree of social skill interacting with others. But once such a skill is gained, one doesn't have to keep dressing in public.

I do think some CDs have more of a traditional "compulsion" however. I fear it may be due to semi-masochistic fantasies of being caught, recognized, humiliated, etc.

Cathy

I think it is the freedom issue because if you are not going out that means your probably stuck at home. Going out really allows you to get into the role more than being at home. Wearing a dress out, feeling the wind, hearing the heels click, feeling pretty, thats so fun. It can also be nerve wracking when you enter a store and the woman at the counter looks like your sister-in law from a distance. Good test for the ticker too!