Thread: Out to Macy´s

Out to Macy´s

Hello. I was out in Northern California again. I was in Sacramento. I had finished my work for the week; and had planned to go to San Francisco. But, the weather was bad, and I was generally tired; so I opted for a daylight outing in Sacramento. I dressed in a short A-Line skirt, floral top, black sweater from Ann Taylor, black tights, and black ankle boots. I did not know where to go, so I went to the midtown gay area called Lavender Heights. I walked around a bit. There were quite a few people out. There are offices there and people were out for lunch. No one seemed to give me any notice. A group of ladies were out for lunch and one lady said hello; she may have made me, but was impressed with my outfit. I was feeling really confident.

I went into one of the bars and had a diet coke while I thought about my options. I did not want to go for lunch, not hungry, nor go to the Crocker Art museum and wander around. I decided to go to Macy´s downtown. I have been out a lot in New York and San Francisco where no one really seems to notice. Going out to a high traffic area in a medium sized city is new for me.

I went to Macy´s, walked around and no one seemed to pay attention to me. I looked at shoes, none in my size. Then I went upstairs and looked at the INC section, nothing interesting. Then I ended up at the MAC counter. There was only one sales lady and she was too busy, so I waited. Finally, I asked about a new concealer because it did not quite match my foundation. She sat me down and tried out a new option.

While I was seated, she began helping another woman, an attractive 40 something woman who was purchasing for her daughter. When the sales lady stepped in the back she started telling me a story about her daughter. I was impressed with myself for a bit; I think I had done a good job with my look and was really blending in. Then, I was a bit concerned. I think I can fake the female voice for a few small phrases, but if the sales lady did not come back, I might actually have to converse. Fortunately she came back and I was forgotten. It was a great experience.

Great story Sara, sounds like you had fun and you passed as well It must have been great to walk around Macy's just one of the girls. I must admit I would have panicked in that situation as well! my voice is work in progress Hugs Michelle

Awesome! Good for you, I'd love to go to a MAC. That sounds like a wonderful day just enjoying being yourself.

I love going to dept stores. The cosmetic counters are nice. Macy's is a good place.They have a friendly attitude towards TGs. At least that is what I have found.

I shopped for panties at Macys in San Francisco on a Sunday afternoon.
    The SA helped me by explaining the size codes to me.
    When paying for my goods I thanked her and she said she was pleased to help ... she was lovely.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sara,

What a great story. It is always nice to be out and just engage in everyday activities, I find it helps normalize the whole experience. Did the concealer work out?

Hugs

Isha

Hi Isha,

I have been getting more confident. I started going out about six years ago. I was so nervous, and I think my skills left a lot to be desired. Now it seems so normal, everything. The concealer worked.

Abraço,
    Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Sara,

What a great story. It is always nice to be out and just engage in everyday activities, I find it helps normalize the whole experience. Did the concealer work out?

Hugs

Isha

Thumbs up Thanks

A great story, Sara. Thank you for sharing.

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Nice story and glad you had a good time! Mimi and I were shopping at the Northridge Macy's two days ago and found some lovely long sweaters on sale!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]