Thread: Need Advice/Opinions/input

Need Advice/Opinions/input

I have mentioned my broad shoulders to y'all before and I am preparing now to try and deal with them.

To give y'all an idea where I'm at right now my waist measures 31 inches, my chest below my nipples measures 36 inches, my nipples measure 40 inches, above my chest under my armpits measures 42 inches, and my shoulders measure 47 inches. What this says is that I have a pronounced "V" shape going from the waist at 31 inches to the upper back at 42 inches and then the shoulders at 47 inches.

To me, and tell me if y'all agree, I need some major thickness to offset the width. Does this make sense? Like are we talking a "C" or even a "D" cup here? I'm asking because my girlfriend has encouraged me to purchase breast forms so that I can at least go out in the yard with a dress on and not alarm the neighbors. I'm looking at forms and I'm wondering what style I should use; do I want my breast to appear more toward the center of my chest, or do I want my breast to appear more spread out like they're almost going under my armpits? Should they appear higher on my torso or lower like they're saging a bit?

Next is a wig. Should I be looking at wigs that are kind of short and bushy? Or should I be looking at long, full length wigs?

What do y'all think? How should I go about narrowing my wide upper body? I won't be going sleeveless because I have striations in my shoulders when I move. As long as I'm relaxed, my shoulders are smooth. But, the moment I move, all kinds of muscular striations appear. I guess for the yard I'm going to have to maintain the appearence of an overweight, fully covered woman unless someone offers up a better idea...

mhenry

Hips

Offhand, I'd say you need to balance your profile with more hip...as well as appropriate sized breasts??

Hips?

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry
    Offhand, I'd say you need to balance your profile with more hip...as well as appropriate sized breasts??
    I did purchase a 4-pad girdle and no doubt that helps considerably, but even at that the "V" shape is very pronounced and I'm not sure where I could find padding that would balance the shape. I'm kind of thinking I actually have to have a large enough hip and butt to appear fat or overweight and/or, I'm thinking maybe I need to fatten up my waistline for a blockier look? Like maybe wrapping a pillow or something like that around my waist. If I were to try and pass with the "V" shape I have now, it would almost have to be as a female bodybuilder, but that would certainly draw way too much attention to myself...

Tristen Cox

Red face

Forms: considering the measures I would go with the 'triangular' style. Your upper body is high profile at the moment so correcting the V-shape is not going to be easy. Some of these padding panties are fairly good for that, or girdles as you have mentioned you have. See if the panties have a bit more 'butt + hip' to them. At any rate honestly to do the most hiding it would be a good idea to wear dresses and such that hang down from the shoulders covering your back. Ok you may not be a dress person, but it doesn't sound to me like a bikini is a good choice at this point(no offense). Flattening your waist properly may also help. So that's my two cents for what they're worth.

Love
    T

Carrah,

My measurements are not that far off from yours. My breast forms are tear shaped are sized to give me a D cup. I believe that a D cup is appropriate for my height 5’11” and weight 185-195. (You know how hard it is for us girls give out our weight).

I always wear a waist trimmer panty and a full body bra. Between the two their help hold my tuck and my waist in to give me a feminine shape.

As to wigs, go with what you like. I love long hair. My current wig length is long enough that when the hair is in front, it covers by boobs. The only thing I wish is that I had bangs.

Hope this helps

Richelle

CD Tip #1
    Consider MuuMuus and Caftans!

CD Tip #2
    A bigger bust will not make your shoulders look smaller but bigger hips will. Check the Women's Sizing Charts in catalogs, like JC Penney, to see the "bust/waist/hip ratios". A woman with a 31 inch waist should have a 40 inch bust and 38 to 42 inch hips. CDs have to go by the bust size, when ordering clothing, rather than the waist size. In your case, a 42 or 44 bust will require you to pad your hips and butt to, at least, 38/42 and wear looser/fuller skirts and dresses. Don't worry about your waist... the dress will allow for that. Wear darker/solid colors on top and lighter/printed fabrics on the bottom. Another thing is to check your full-length profile... your boobs and butt should be equal in projection. Look in the mirror again, facing this time. Your hips should appear to be the same width as your shoulders or slightly smaller. You will look like a large woman... but you don't have to look over-weight or dowdy. Think "CUFF"... Cute, Full-figured and Fashionable!!!

To understand the above better, a great book to read is: The Fine Art of Dressing, by Margaux Tartarotti. (US$16.95) Excellent resource for different body types and how to over-come problem areas. Highly recommended!!!

Regarding hip pads... Make your own with foam rubber and a panty girdle (equal to the size you want to attain) or go to www.clcrv.com for a custom fit garment. About US$150.00 but worth every penny. They are comfortable, cover the "jewels" and look fantastic.

CD Tip #3
    Breasts: If you are under the age of 40, the nipples of your breast forms should be at a level, mid-way between your elbow and shoulder. Don't try to match them with your own. Over 40... a little lower! (Gravity and childbirth, ya know.) As a general rule for size... smaller is better! Let them sit in the bottom of your bra. (Adds to the "jiggle" factor, too!) Placement: Under forty... up front and center. Over 40... more towards the arm pits. (Gravity and childbirth!!!)

My recommendation for breast forms and advice from a custom fitter, at a low price, is www.thebreastformstore.com

CD Tip #4
    Wigs: Not easy! Depends on the size and shape of your head, your body type and the look you want to achieve. You can experiment with less expensive wigs that you can get online or, better, find a local wig store that is comfortable working with CDs and get a professional opinion. Things to avoid are, straight bangs (unless you are very young) and a wig that is too small or too big. A wavy, mid-length style may be good to start with... easy to maintain and can be styled in different ways (up, tied back, etc.).

CD Tip #5
    This is the most important!!! Have fun!!! And... Enjoy the process of becoming that fine looking woman you have dreamed about.
    Last edited by Jen_TGCD; 03-25-2005 at 11:58 PM.
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]

Jen,

Lots of good advice here, thanks, I can make use of a lot of that too.
    Carrah didn't say what her hip dimensions were, but I share her 31" waist (well almost, but down to 29" with a boned basque and tight belt! Corset coming next!) and 36" under-bust dimensions with max hips of 40", and feel that with padding, a 42" bust makes me look top-heavy. I'm better proportioned with a 40" bust, then the 29" waist looks pretty groovy, especially if I emphasize it with a belt!

I don't have wide shoulders, and I was also going to suggest darker (black) coloured tops with "louder" brighter bottoms to draw the eye away from the top. With a natural 31" waist, I'd be wanting to flaunt (or even enhance) it! A big bust and padded hips would give a Dolly Parton look, so unless that's what you want Carrah, don't overdo the bust.

Good luck,
    ToniB

Quote Originally Posted by ToniB
    I'm better proportioned with a 40" bust, then the 29" waist looks pretty groovy, especially if I emphasize it with a belt!

With a natural 31" waist, I'd be wanting to flaunt (or even enhance) it!

Yes, Toni, I agree. In that book I mentioned, The Fine Art of Dressing, it suggests enhancing the waist... to break the lines between the top and bottom and to enhance the hip area. A tailored blouse or sweater that reaches the fullest part of the hips looks good, too. Or, tuck them into your skirt or slacks.

Carrah, just remember that a woman's waist is about two or three inches higher than a man's.

Living in Florida, it's going to be on the warm side... not good for CDs!!! But you can still make an appearence in the back yard, without getting too much attention. Three-quarter length sleeves will hide most of your muscle tone or roll up the sleeves on a long sleeve blouse. Clam diggers or Capri pants work better than shorts and look great with sandals. Don't forget to buy a straw hat and some over-sized sunglasses, too!
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]