Thread: Nearly Outed to Daughter

Nearly Outed to Daughter

So we went to bed the other night and as usual our teenage daughter was in our bathroom getting ready for bed. I know she should go to bed before us but it really is a struggle and often she comes in and starts talking etc. It would help if I can finish the refurb of her bathroom!!

Anyway as the weather here has got colder at nights, I have started wearing a cammi top to bed along with my knickers that I always wear. Unfortunately I chose the wrong time to put my cammi on and I got the fright of my life as our daughter walked in, saw what I was doing and asked what I was doing as I dived under the duvet!!!

I managed to excuse myself by saying that Mumy threw it at me and I was just being silly. She called me a wierdo (as she often playfully does anyway) and finished what she was doing before kissing us both goodnight.

Nothing more has been said however I really feel I should be honest with her - I think my wife would see that as an excuse for me to dress around the house.
    Adele. xxx

The time has past and I think it would be best to not try to change it based on the fact you already gave her an answer that she seemed to accept. You will need to wait for a new opportunity to be honest.

That made your heart stop I bet! Lucky that you have that kind of relationship with your wife and daughter.

It would make life a lot easier for you if she knew but would that be the best thing for the 3 of you overall is only something that you and your wife can decide.I wish you well either way.michelle
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I was staying at my brother's house since his older daughter was getting married. I warned my brother that I wear nightgowns to bed. I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom while wearing the nightgown, and his younger daughter was up at the same time and saw me. In the morning I asked my brother, and he told me that his daughter told him I was wearing a nightgown. There was no negative repercussions from this incident.

Now if I were a woman and wore men's pajamas it would not have been a big deal. I should not have had to warn my brother, and his daughter should have simply accepted without comment what I wore. ONCE AGAIN, DOUBLE STANDARDS RULE!

Regards,

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 10-27-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Yes my heart stopped! And then it beat so quickly after!!

I did the right thing and let this pass. Nothing has been said by either my daughter or wife. I'm being much more careful and will wait till the time is right when we can have a proper talk to our daughter - if that ever happens.
    Adele. xxx

I would finish her bathroom so this doesn't happen again!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"