Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outside of CDing do you have a lot of feminine traits?

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Speaking of feminine traits, I got a "girly" compliment at work tonight... A girl who works with me complimented my fingernails of all things. I was in guy mode, nothing feminine about me (except that I wear my bra and breastforms at work), and my nails were a little too long. I was going to trim them before work today but was running behind. (Spent too much time posting here!) I do make sure to keep them clean under the nail but that's about it. She said that's what she liked: even though they were long the edge was neat and they were clean. Go figure. Not a compliment I was expecting for sure! I immediately smiled and thought about this thread with a chuckle. Hehe

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyJames
    Do you exhibit a lot of feminine traits, habits, hobbies outside of cross dressing that came naturally?
    [SIZE="2"]I’m very good at doing small, delicate things with my hands, since I’m an artist. More on that in a minute, but I’m also good at wrapping presents (I even create my own wrapping paper), hanging and arranging pictures, organizing meals (I like to cook), decorating, etc. I'm also good at yielding -- is that a feminine trait?

As I said, my artwork is small and delicate – for years I’ve been “tucking away” my maleness and approaching things in a more feminine way. It’s a natural progression – I don’t like stuff on the wall that screams for attention, even though I’m a “sister” to all artists. Crossdressing has a huge effect on the artwork I make, both in subject matter and mode of execution. I like where it's leading me...[/SIZE]

no traits

I love to dress and when i am i feel not only feminine but also feel very sexy. My body style is very masculine but when dressed its like i am transform into a different person. Its a great feeling !!

I have been told on occasion that I have girlie fingers and also eyelashes. I do think the lines are very blurred these days with activities and preferences. That said, I can't say I've ever been an overtly testosterone induced masculine male. Never found the need to prove my alpha male status. I hate sucker punches while watching the game and belching beer. I don't even watch the game. I have observed that I sit funny for a man and am forever correcting myself in front of people. I have always sat on the toilet. Don't know what that is all about. Lol!

girly me

I hardly have any masculine traits !lol.I fuss and fret like your grandma(thats how i got the name Nancy).I cook ,clean ,sew and play bridge with a bunch of grey haired grannies(and i love 'em!)I'm such a girly man(hehe).My sisters have always called me one of their sisters.Nancy

I've always had an eye for interior design and have chosen almost everything for our house...including furniture, carpets, paint colour, drapes and all the accessories. I'm also better than my wife at putting outfits together for me and her. She's always asking my opinion on her hose, shoes, what skirt to wear etc. Recently, she also admitted that I was much better at applying and choosing makeup.....does that count as a female trait

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Quote Originally Posted by ikatrina View Post
    I've always had an eye for interior design and have chosen almost everything for our house...including furniture, carpets, paint colour, drapes and all the accessories. I'm also better than my wife at putting outfits together for me and her. She's always asking my opinion on her hose, shoes, what skirt to wear etc. Recently, she also admitted that I was much better at applying and choosing makeup.....does that count as a female trait
    That's so funny ikatrina, my girl asks me for advice on most of her outfits too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post
    I have actually been thinking about this recently and the line between what is considered feminine vs. masculine has really become very blurry over that past couple of decades. Women increasingly become involved in masculine activities so where does that leave the line?
    For instance, some women love to watch football and drink beer. The work in construction jobs, auto mechanics and forestry. They even wear jeans and heavy boots.
    Where does that leave the line?
    Some men are stay-at-home mom's and raise kids and do housekeeping.
    Where does that leave the line?
    My personal opinion is that the "line" was drawn by older generations and that it was never completely based on a gender's particular natural urge. I suspect it was drawn because women were generally left at home to raise babies and men were out "hunting".
    The line is disappearing and if any group is behind the curve in this transition, it's men. We need to get with the program and enjoy some of the activities formerly occupied only by women. The women have already headed for the doors....
    [SIZE="3"] I also agree with Meri, for me It's more like what came first the chicken or the egg. I was 1 of 3 brothers growing up no sisters, so growing up we learned to cook, clean and sew, even took a crack at knitting. I was and still am not totally into sports, was never really good at them, always was the last picked. Then 4 years ago when I started getting out, I went totally to the left, changing my mannersims, interests and gromming, I became the girl I always wanted to be. Those that don't know me see it right away, it is now who I am, yes I supressed it before but no more. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

There are so many interests or traits that we share with the opposite sex that I'm not sure if I can really consider them feminine...in my case things like cooking, baking, painting watercolors, gardening, enjoying musical theater, afternoon tea. In addition I'm not the aggressive type, have great patience, and am very conscious of what I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I'm not sure if I can really consider them feminine...in my case things like cooking, baking, painting watercolors, gardening, enjoying musical theater, afternoon tea.
    Unless you're a hobbit living in Middle-Earth, that's feminine.

Nothing whatsoever.
    removed

Well, most of what we call "feminine" traits are learned or constructed, so to say that I have such traits simply means that I have learned some of these through my male upbringing.

I recently read some comments by Lucille Sorella who sells an array of publications and CDs intended to help crossdressers and TGs to behave in a more feminine way. One of these traits was politeness.
    My mother insisted on my brother and me behaving with good manners; to her it was not a feminine trait but a matter of civil behavior that everyone should exhibit. I learned this behavior then; I still try to practice it whether I'm in masculine or feminine mode.
    But if it's a feminine trait, then I have exhibited it for many decades regardless of how I am dressed.
    warmly, Linnea

I played with Raggedy Ann and Andy when I was a kid and wanted an Easy Bake Oven.

I dislike participating in all team sports and watching sports on TV in general, though I will watch open wheel and Le Mans styles of auto racing when I come across it. And sidecar motorcycle racing is kind of fascinating. I've always wondered what it was like to be the monkey in the sidecar, shifting my weight back and forth.

I cry easily at movies and when I hear good live music. I like to attend plays when I can and enjoy musicals both in motion picture form and live drama.

Women have told me they are envious of my eyelashes. In fact, I rarely wear mascara as even with makeup remover, they just stand out so much after I clean it off.

I love shopping particularly for women clothes. Can't stand shopping for men clothes. I like cooking. I always squat to pee ever since I was a small child it seems natural to me. My wife tells me that I do girly things such as the way I cross my legs and make motions with my hands while talking. She says that one night she was out with some of our friends ( I couldn't make it) they got on the subject of feminine men. Both the men and women said they thought I was feminine. She says even our kids have mentioned that I do feminine things. Gosh! All these years I always thought I appeared masculine.

Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki-Z View Post
    I love shopping particularly for women clothes. Can't stand shopping for men clothes. I like cooking. I always squat to pee ever since I was a small child it seems natural to me. My wife tells me that I do girly things such as the way I cross my legs and make motions with my hands while talking. She says that one night she was out with some of our friends ( I couldn't make it) they got on the subject of feminine men. Both the men and women said they thought I was feminine. She says even our kids have mentioned that I do feminine things. Gosh! All these years I always thought I appeared masculine.

Vicki

Vicki, we must be twins separated at birth. Same with me, I rarely shop for male stuff unless I absolutely need something.
    Amanda gets new stuff all the time. I sit to pee 90% of the time, and I also gesture a lot with my hands when talking. I too have predominantly sat with my legs crossed like a girl since I was young.
    I have always enjoyed cooking but I don't see that as a female trait. My dad enjoyed cooking and was far from girly. I do enjoy a good chick flick, I play music and used to draw and paint. I've always had an eye for fashion, and enjoy watching GG's. On the other hand, I have done lot's of high risk things, like skydiving, racing cars and bikes, working as firefighter/paramedic.
    My second ex told me I was more of a female than she was.
    I should have told her thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_in_Mansfield View Post
    Speaking of feminine traits, I got a "girly" compliment at work tonight... A girl who works with me complimented my fingernails of all things. I was in guy mode, nothing feminine about me (except that I wear my bra and breastforms at work), and my nails were a little too long. I was going to trim them before work today but was running behind. (Spent too much time posting here!) I do make sure to keep them clean under the nail but that's about it. She said that's what she liked: even though they were long the edge was neat and they were clean. Go figure. Not a compliment I was expecting for sure! I immediately smiled and thought about this thread with a chuckle. Hehe
    Excuse me if this is off topic but , I was just wondering. I read in an earlier post that you work delivering pizza. Do you get any flack from your employer or any other coworkers when you wear your bra and breastforms in drab mode? I assume they are visible. What do the girls say?

Could I be a hobbit... like Pippin or Meri.

As traits go ... it depends on who you ask and how much or little information they have.

In my social circles most of the 'traditional' roles are mutual territory or reversed.

If I don't shave my pits its because I feel like a hippy chick. Well, some days.

I'm flamboyant but not in way that's readily identified as gay.

Some people would say, as unhealthy as it may seem, the way I hold a cigarette. Or even if I walk with a swagger, they rarely hear my footsteps on the floor. I listen well, readily give eye contact. The way I laugh is more with a demure smile. I don't have a firm handshake. I used to play the harp. And the last person I dated said that making out with me was like making out with a girl - something I've heard more than once, even with the scruff of my chin getting in the way.

Or we could take a trip back to my teen years, where while some of my friends were growing pot in their closets, I was growing orchids.

when in guy mode my mind is still at the same place as when im dressed. the dressing just enhances everything. other then that i caught my self talking like a girl both in tone and word choice. then after i would have a conversation with either another girl or a guy i just realize how girly i was and it makes me really shy to talk to the same person later lol.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    OK this isn't a feminine trait but whatever. Alongside my Star Wars toys and G.I.Joe toys I played with as a kid I also had a number of Strawberry Shortcake dolls, fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Yes the way i sit and hand gestures plus my nails are long, so i always feel i am in fem when i am not dressed ( Or wish i was ).

PS: Every now and then my fem voice comes out on the phone or in conversation.
    [SIZE="3"]www.flickr.com/photos/msmichellecd

www.michellespiteri.blogspot.com/[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Facebook[/SIZE]: [SIZE="3"]Michelle Spiteri[/SIZE]

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    My fiance tells me I over analyse things in a feminine manner, but I think that is more having Aspergers than acting feminine. I do tend to cross my legs alot though, and find it at times to be more comfortable than not crossing them.

Being shy an artistic I've been labeled as gay/feminine most of my life, I'm used to it now
    I've gotten the gay label several times. Someone has even went as far as to say my fiance is just a cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Styles View Post
    Excuse me if this is off topic but , I was just wondering. I read in an earlier post that you work delivering pizza. Do you get any flack from your employer or any other coworkers when you wear your bra and breastforms in drab mode? I assume they are visible. What do the girls say?
    Well, I pulled two of the three managers (specifically, the two who have the ability to fire me) aside one day, one at a time, and told them that I have an extreme case of gynecomastia and that my doctor recommended I start wearing a bra. This was this past spring, so I mentioned that during the last winter I had "kept them hidden" with thick heavy clothes and my coat, but now that it was warming up that wasn't an option anymore. So I explained that I wanted them to know what was up in case they did get any complaints from customers. Both said they understood and would take up for me if needed.

To this day, not one customer has said a word either to me or my bosses. It's not showed up in the random customer-satisfaction surveys, nothing. And my tips went up. Cool, huh? LOL

EDIT: Forgot to answer other question. The girls at work don't really say much of anything. If I somehow direct the conversation in that direction (subtly, I might add) to fish for their thoughts, then they admit that they were curious. I then feed them a similar story to what I told my managers, and they're all cool with it. They don't, uh, want to go bra shopping with me or anything, but they're accepting enough. One girl came in carrying her uniform under her arm one day and was about to change in the restroom... At the moment she was wearing a white tank top and her bra was clearly visible through the back... I could tell it was a terrible fit for her, and I wanted SO bad to say something and go shopping with her... Hehe, but I'd prefer to keep my job rather than risk a sexual harassment complaint.
    Last edited by Bailey_in_Mansfield; 12-11-2009 at 10:44 AM.

I have so many female characteristics that have leeked over into my male self I'm highly surprised I don't get asked if I'm gay or a crossdresser more often. I use lavender body wash whether I'm dressing or not, I hate being hairy so I try to keep my body hair well groomed, I love flowers and things that smell pretty, I have my nails painted black (because I'm a musician and I can get away with it ) I enjoy watching chick flicks, and I plan out what I'm going to wear sometimes days before I wear it.

I have some Femmine traits outside of CDing, i enjoy cooking, reading or watching love stories, letting my nails grow long. I have no real intrest in any sports and I perfer to spend my time talking with the girls than hanging out with the guys.

fierce glamazon
    I tend to be wary of these kind of conceptions of femininity, because they are often constructed by society rather than individuals.

In that regard, I think my traits/interests are simply my own.

But, if I were someone else looking at me with this outside perspective, many of my traits would be classified as 'feminine'.

- i am very much into cooking (larousse gastronomique is always in my kitchen!)
    - i am a designer by profession and have always been interestedor involved in some way with fashion, art, architecture, etc . my girlfriend is a fashion designer, so i also get a lot of exposure that way. i read fashion mags all of the time (ie i look at the photos )
    - ive always loved dressing up, en femme or otherwise
    - i have a gentle and serene demeanor and touch. (my girlfriend is bisexual and I know this is something she has always liked about me)
    - i am slender and have always had a more feminine figure

certainly i have masculine traits as well - assertiveness, some sense of competitive motivation, etc

i prefer to think of my feminine and masculine aspects as a two sides of a truly well rounded person