Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GG Could use some advice please....

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireflyGG View Post
    I still say stick with the "weird vibe" line and let him know he can come to you when he's ready. i was talking to Melissa (my SO) about this the other night (she's on here too and saw your thread) and she brought up a good point about acceptance. I can't remember if this has been addressed or not. but she suggested it may be that you're further along in accepting his femme side than he is, hence the unbalance, the lack of words, the inability to address it. That would make a lot of sense.

I find few things more uncomfortable than a relationship with lack of balance and that's probably why you're feeling so uncomfortable. It sounds like it's going to come down to a time thing. Time for him to adjust, process, figure out what he feels needs figuring out. You may not get the answers you need but hopefully you'll get enough to help you process things on your end as well.

(and I think you know I was kidding about getting on that BDSM kick right? That was total sarcasm on my end. )
    [SIZE="3"] I've read this post from start to finish and it took 75 posts to hit on an answer that made sense to me. There are many ways to communicate, verbal is sometimes tough for men, put your questions in a letter, a list, he need not answer all, but he will know where YOUR head is at. When I first told my GF I asked her to write down her thoughts when they came to her and I would answer them as best as I could, and even then I didn't have all the answers for her, because I didn't have all my answers yet myself and I some I might never have. Once I accepted myself I could talk to anyone about it, and do, maybe he's not there yet. My GF has said our openess and communication on this matter even though she doesn't totally agree and embrace it has made our relationship so much stronger. It didn't happen over night.....

[SIZE="4"]The longest journey still begins with 1 step[/SIZE].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Funny I deal with the same issue, and I've been dressing.....since the beginning of time, it seems. Now the question is, why? My answer is...no idea. Expressing my fem self is SUCH a core part of me, maybe it's fear of rejection? I don't think it's shame any more (although it could have been once). If my wife ever wants to discuss this (and I think she's about given up) I generally drop to one-syllable grunts, cross my fingers, and hope she wanders off.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".