Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My poor mom

I'm happy for you.

Congrats on the god day with your mom, I imagine that was an incredible feeling to be with you mother that day. It's such stressful moments, interacting with the folks before they 'accept' who you/we really are, it's a blessing each day the stress lifts a little more.

Best wishes!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Size "c" forms........... on top of my size "c" implants? A bit over the top maybe?
    ". . . over the top" - that's great!

Kathi

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Well that is a good turn Congrats

I can't imagine coming out, let alone having someone close be, even somewhat accepting. That was a huge day and a huge victory for you!

Thank you all for your nice replies. To her credit my mom has been trying since around Memorial Day.. We have had many talks and outings since then, I just found this latest one to be humorous. Most of her close friends already know about me without there being much fallout. She isn't really concerned about what others think. Thanks again!
    Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Kel, be happy for the both of you. So many do not and suffer because of it. I am so happy for you. My mother and father passed away many years ago and so I have not had the wonderful experience you and your mother have.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Evans View Post
    Kel, be happy for the both of you. So many do not and suffer because of it. I am so happy for you. My mother and father passed away many years ago and so I have not had the wonderful experience you and your mother have.
    My dad also passed away before we could resolve the issue. I don't think he hated it as much as my mom had, more going along ( with her) to preserve peace in the family. Kind of a long story, so I won't go into it now, but thank you for your kind reply.
    Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Congrats Kelly on reaching that milestone with your Mom.She probably still has reservations but its great to know that she loves you and you'll alway be her baby.

My parents are both gone so I don't have that worry. My Mom was loving and caring, but if she knew about my CDing,she would probably be upset at first but afterwhile she would just accept it.

My Father was a kind of laid back person, so it wouldn't bother him at all.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Sounds like it was a great time.

Glad to see that she seems to be turning that corner!
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Kelly I am so happy for you. It is so hard for us sometimes to remember that having accepted ourselves it took [SIZE="4"]YEARS[/SIZE] for us to do that, and we expect everyone to do that overnight, give them time and help them, they will come around. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

It would be nice if she continued to say that to others. At least you've finally heard it and you know how lovely it sounds!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I Love to be fem
    well done kelly this is a new start for babe hope you feel more relaxed and at peace with yourself. soory that you couldn't be at peace and sort it out with your dad

That's great Kelly hope she stays that way.
    Angie

Kelly, I loved reading your story! It is great that your mom is coming around to the reality of your life. My mom wasn't happy to find out about me, just a few years ago. She called me "sick", "queer" and a few other things as well. She told my wife that if she really loved me, she would have insisted on getting 'help' for me.

She hurt me with her failure to acknowledge who I am. I'm her only child and she has never really accepted me as Olivia. Sadly, she's now in a long-term care hospital with steadily declining health, and I guess she won't ever have to deal with my "issues" again. I can't visit her enfemme now and I guess she feels "let off the hook" now. Enjoy your mom, and just be glad that she's coming around (as I'm sure you must be!). Thanks for sharing your up-lifting tale with us Kelly.
    O

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    Lol, I bet you did have a big ol' grin! Great to hear that your mom is warming up to her daughter, I'm happy for ya!
    ~ Kellie

Visit us at www.sixandthecity.net Pics, Events, Blogs and just lots of girly fun!

"It takes a REALLY big man to fill my shoes"
    -Madonna

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Way too cool Kelly, I'm very happy for you and your mother. Family can be so wonderful when things work out.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

That's wonderful, your mom hasn't lost a son, she's gained a daughter!

Glad to hear you had a good laugh about it

I am sure it will be a moment you will never forget
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    Congrats Kelly. I am lucky to have my parents support but they are still finding it a little difficult to adjust thinking of me as their daughter.
    living the dream

happy for u

Oh Kelly am so happy for u, its not easy to have such a break-through with a mum. congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Wipe that silly grin off your face! I couldn't exactly introduce you as my son with that dress,make-up and your boobs half hanging out could I? I just shrugged my shoulders.. We both had a good laugh and a very pleasant afternoon.
    LOL,
    That's my sister!!!

Well, not blood related,,,lol

But I'm always so proud of you Kel & so happy you & Mom are getting along better..

Life is too short as it is..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Good for you Kelly and tell your mom we love her