Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My poor mom

My poor mom

After years of my mom's not accepting or acknowledging my being transsexual she has finally begun to come to grips. It was right around Memorial Day of this year that she began to give me my props. She had always sworn never to call me "Kelly". This morning she called and asked if I would like to join her for lunch and I accepted. While we were waiting to be seated we ran into an acquaintance of hers, a woman and her husband. After the woman introduced my mother to her husband, my mom turned and introduced me to the couple. This is my "daughter", "Kelly" . We exchanged pleasantries and they went about their business. Once we were seated I was just sort of looking at my mom and she said........... Wipe that silly grin off your face! I couldn't exactly introduce you as my son with that dress,make-up and your boobs half hanging out could I? I just shrugged my shoulders.. We both had a good laugh and a very pleasant afternoon.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 10-15-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

All right girl friend. My mom just recently accepted my CDing to . When I was at my 20th high school reunion. Plus we just 4 days after that we went shopping too. I wrote all about it if you'd like to read it. My mom was the same way too . It took her 17 years to "come to grips" with it. Don't it feel gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood!!!. Congrats on your moms acceptance hun Way to go!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    After years of my mom's not accepting or acknowledging my being transsexual she has finally begun to come to grips.
    That is so great, Kelly! Wonderful!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Hey Kel!

Yeah,I had a feeling it was more of a social thing than her coming around. Still, I bet it felt great to hear phrases like "my daughter," "Kelly" and "your boobs."

Kathi

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Congratulations Kelly. patience seems to be a virtue worth cultivating and love will find a way eventually to open eyes and hearts. It's nice to see that your Mom is ready to learn to enjoy her daughter. Best of luck to both of you.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    aaaaw that's fantastic if that had been a scene in a film I would be sobbing

Smile Good 4 you!

I'm so happy for you Kelly! Just remember that the bond between a mother and her child is unbreakable! Your mom had to finally come to terms with who you are!
    Just a mistress of the dark wanting to have fun !

Did you really get to talk?

I am sure that the moment was priceless.Did you get to talk about your feelings of being Kelly and what your future holds? And you have a fiance...you are bringing her a Son in Law!!!! Something not every mother expects!!

Kelly,
    Your story really touched my heart.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Awww. That was sweet!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Kelly, so happy for you -- jealous, too.

Gold Member
    Yea for you Kelly. It's a hard adjustment for your mom, but she seems to be dealing with it very well and is finally accepting you for who you really are.

congrats kelly your family is starting to accept you for who you are I'm happy for you (a little jealous but)
    Last edited by äna; 10-15-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Gold Member
    That's awesome Kelly! I suspect if she can do it there, she will be doing it in private at some point. Maybe you keep taking her out to lunch with friends so it becomes second nature.

Congtrats work in progress.

Yay Kelly and Kelly's Mom! Sometimes we moms have a hard time seeing our kids the way they see themselves. On some level you will probably always be her baby.

congratulations Kelly, I'm sure it felt great to have your Mom address you as here daughter dispite the circumstances. It may seem like a small step but I believe that there will soon be more, maybe even larger ones. Hang in there.

Congrats, Kelly! That was both a heartwarming and funny story.

Either way, it seems to me that it's a step in the right direction - congrats!

To cool Kelly!!that has to be one of those moment's that will be in your heart for ever!!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Good for you, Kelly! Hope this is the beginning of your mom's acceptance.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Very nice and you never know but mom may be melting a little.

Teri

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Kelly,

Sounds like she STILL may be disapproving!

Maybe if U switched to size "C" forms?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Sounds like she STILL may be disapproving!

Maybe if U switched to size "C" forms?
    She's working on it. For 10 years we didn't see eye to eye,but for the last few months she's been a lot better. Rome wasn't built in a day. I haven't received any negative comments from her in months. We have even been shopping together. I have realized that I have to do my part as well in trying to understand that this isn't easy for her either.

Size "c" forms........... on top of my size "c" implants? A bit over the top maybe?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Kelly for you and for your mom
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me